GDT Ottawa at Buffalo, February 4, 2017, 7pm (MSG)

Eleven

Interesting that McCabe and Gorges are suddenly playing and Fedun is out.

It's the time of year where lineup changes can really pique some interest.

Go Sabres.  Probably won't see this one, but love to see a W.

Go Sabres.  Probably won't see this one, but love to see a W.

Well, McCabe is taking Bogo's top 4 spot & regardless of what the board wants, a guy wearing a letter isn't going to sit when healthy. Would rather have had Fedun stay in the lineup & Falk come out, but Falk & Franson seem to have good chemistry as 3rd pairing. My guess is Gorges ends up on 2nd pairing w/ McCabe but maybe Bylsma will surprise & pair Gorges w/ Falk.

Go Sabres. Probably won't see this one, but love to see a W.

The guys in the lineup are healthy. Please remove tin foil hat.

For all the debate about whether selling this year gives the wrong impression to the kids, stuff like this is just as bad if not worse. I never want to hear Bylsma say anything about needing to earn ice time.

I believe the poster upthread was right when he/she said it's because Gorges wears an A.  And it's not like he's terribly worse than Fedun or something, and he does bring considerable experience to the table.  I've got a lot of problems with Bylsma, but dressing Gorges over Fedun ain't one of 'em.

I believe the poster upthread was right when he/she said it's because Gorges wears an A.  And it's not like he's terribly worse than Fedun or something, and he does bring considerable experience to the table.  I've got a lot of problems with Bylsma, but dressing Gorges over Fedun ain't one of 'em.

I'd say he is terribly worse than Fedun.  We're a better team when Fedun plays.

Are you sure that's not a product of having high expectations of Gorges and low expectations of Fedun?

I think it's just a product of watching the games?  Fedun has actually managed to do some things that helped us win this year.

Sabres are 11-8-3 when Fedun plays this year.  He doesn't get a ton of ice time but the games where he's in are generally better.

Edited by Robviously

Are you sure people have expectations of Gorges, let alone high expectations?

Not of Gorges, but I expect Dreary Dan Bylsma to give him an inordinate and unearned amount of ice time, far outweighing his actual on ice contributions.  But he's 'experienced' though.  lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.