2017 NHL Trade listings and comments

North Buffalo

No shame in having been wrong about Lazar. Doubling down on said wrongness, on the other hand...

Whoa.  Okay.  Okay.  Okay, okay, my turn.  You don't have a crystal ball.  You can't look at a kid and predict his future anymore than I can.  I've sat at those kitchen tables with you and listened to you tell those parents, "when I know, I know, and when it comes to your son, I know."  And you don't.  You don't.

Defenseman Johnny Oduya was traded to the Chicago Blackhawks by the Dallas Stars on Tuesday for minor league forward Mark McNeill and a conditional fourth-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft.

Oduya won the Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks in 2013 and 2015. He signed with the Stars as a free agent two offseasons ago.

7.5 hours till we see if Murray has any cahonas.

Somebody needs to tell him he doesn't have to wait until the last day.

He's good at buying, but he always waits too long (imo) to sell at the deadline. Earlier allows for more time for bigger moves and not just the player for a pick type trades.

Ya know, I normally pay more attention to trades than to work on deadline day.

This year, I'm in the middle of our two-day annual meeting.  (It started at 7 and goes until 9 tonight, then resumes at 7 again tomorrow.)

This sux.  I have to surreptitiously type and try to grab a glance of TSN now and then.

Somebody needs to tell him he doesn't have to wait until the last day.

He's good at buying, but he always waits too long (imo) to sell at the deadline. Earlier allows for more time for bigger moves and not just the player for a pick type trades.

He likes buying; I wouldn't say he's good at it. He overpays and hasn't brought anyone in that has overperformed. Edited by Robviously

He likes buying; I wouldn't say he's good at it. He overpays and hasn't brought anyone in that has overperformed.

Agreed. This is what I was saying.  Good at buying=will spend whatever it takes whether it's a good idea or not.

Bring Nylander up next year, draft top 4 Dman, bring up Guhle....and try and land a #4 Dman in FA.

I would not trade any forwards unless a top 2 D comes back.

Nylander won't be ready next season.

Baptiste and Bailey will be up fulltime however.

As for Guhle, it would be a waste of an opportunity if we had to bring him up to early. I'd prefer he start the season in Rochester.

Nylander won't be ready next season.

Baptiste and Bailey will be up fulltime however.

As for Guhle, it would be a waste of an opportunity if we had to bring him up to early. I'd prefer he start the season in Rochester.

Agreed on all accounts

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.