2017 NHL Trade listings and comments

North Buffalo

Loving Marty B on TSN eating everyone elses lunch on pure knowledge. Even Ray Ferraros

That part of the world has been continuously changing hands, and each group (Ottomans, Roman Catholics, Eastern Rite Christians) imposed their religion in some sense on their territories.  The changing hands of the territories led to lots of mixing, lots of different groups with legitmate claims to the land.

Oh heck even Gehngis Kahn cam thru there at one point and Egyptian traders.

Like his first deadline when he traded Miller and Ott for Stewart, Halak, Carrier, a third and a first five days before the deadline?

Or his second when he made the Kane trade two and a half weeks before the deadline?

But but but... narrative. :)

I think the way Murray operates is that he has a value for his players in mind.  He holds to that value for as long as possible.  It's possible that another team has a similar asset and let's it go for lower than he's willing to accept.  He plays the waiting game and when the timeline is drawing near he either chooses to accept less or the other team chooses to pay more.

It's a game of chicken for him.  

@FriedgeHNIC  2m2 minutes ago

Vanek to FLA for a third-rounder. I don't think trade call yet, but that's what we're looking at

He got Dahlen and Goldobin in past two days, he has actually, maybe been competent

True, I've actually been impressed with him so far

So Fillipula vetoed a trade to Toronto.

Because Toronto?

I wonder if the fans in TO are flagellating themselves like Buffalo fans would be if this happened to us?

Man, I couldn't imagine vetoing a trade to Toronto right now. Before Babs and the kids they've got there? Sure. But right now, yeah, I'm going to Toronto. 

Since he signed Moulson and Cody Mc in the off-season then he essentially traded McNabb for Mitchell, Des and Fasching.  Not sure how I feel about that.

IMO Fasching will eventually be the best player in that deal, although it would've been nice to have McNabb in the lineup the last couple seasons.   

Man, I couldn't imagine vetoing a trade to Toronto right now. Before Babs and the kids they've got there? Sure. But right now, yeah, I'm going to Toronto. 

Tar and feather me if you wish, but Toronto is an awful place to live and work.  I've done it and hated it.  My apologies to anyone out there in Sabrespace living in TO. I don't count Derrico as a Torontonian.

Tar and feather me if you wish, but Toronto is an awful place to live and work.  I've done it and hated it.  My apologies to anyone out there in Sabrespace living in TO. I don't count Derrico as a Torontonian.

Really? I love visiting that city

That could be an indication that he really doesn't like Babcock (who was his coach the entire time he played for Detroyit).

Edited by Doohickie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.