Expansion Draft -- Sabres moves and speculation

SabresBaltimore

No real surprises here.

Carrier is a 3/4 line guy. More upside in an Ennis, if he can stay healthy.

I think we lose Bogo or Moulson.

Maybe swing a deal for one of the D men available to them.

Were probably going to eat the last year of Gorges contract, can't see Vegas taking him. But, all in all nothing to be concerned over.

In any event, Vegas has a decent amount of ammo to select from.

Should be fun seeing what they do.

I think Carrier is a good pick for Vegas. Either you keep him and play him, or you trade him to a team who really likes that kind of player. He's young, cheap and has just enough potential.

I think Carrier is a good pick for Vegas. Either you keep him and play him, or you trade him to a team who really likes that kind of player. He's young, cheap and has just enough potential.

Maybe. Hard to say really.

But looking at those unprotected lists, man, Vegas has real options here.

Like I said, should be fun seeing what McPhee's vision is.

And to add, I think Bogo's cap hit is attractive to them in both time and amount for cap floor purposes. That combined with his age and I can't see Vegas not be interested.

Edited by Lucky E

Maybe. Hard to say really.

But looking at those unprotected lists, man, Vegas has real options here.

Like I said, should be fun seeing what McPhee's vision is.

All I know is that I look at our list and Carrier/Ullmark are the only two guys I want from it. And if I'm Vegas, I look at the available G list and I don't need Ullmark. There's lots of NHL experience there even if you take a guy like Sparks from Toronto.

No real surprises here.

Carrier is a 3/4 line guy. More upside in an Ennis, if he can stay healthy.

I think we lose Bogo or Moulson.

Maybe swing a deal for one of the D men available to them.

Were probably going to eat the last year of Gorges contract, can't see Vegas taking him. But, all in all nothing to be concerned over.

In any event, Vegas has a decent amount of ammo to select from.

Should be fun seeing what they do.

It really depends on their cap crunch to get to the floor, deals that they've made and preference.  If they're smart they take Carrier, but we all hope it's Bogosian.  Ennis is fine, he looked terrible late in the season.  This could be explained by lack of consistency with line mates and rust.  But, he looked hopeless.

So, are we over valuing DeHaan on here? I'm sure JBott could've had him for something, but chose not to. Unless, NYI have a deal with McPhee to take him or not take him.

It was quoted on one of the Twitter feeds, that it is believed that NYI has a deal in place.

So, are we over valuing DeHaan on here? I'm sure JBott could've had him for something, but chose not to. Unless, NYI have a deal with McPhee to take him or not take him.

TSN has twittered that the Islanders are giving up their first round pick as the method of protection.

TSN has twittered that the Islanders are giving up their first round pick as the method of protection.

a 1st rounder for Dehaan...no way. Of course the islanders have a very bad GM too who somehow keeps his job (like Montreal and Vancouver)

Edited by Sabre fan

Mildly surprised they didn't protect Carrier.

Hoping somehow Vegas takes Moulson. Bogosian would be 2nd choice. But am fully expecting it to be Carrier.

Wonder if they knew from discussions that Vegas wanted Ennis & they'll flip him in part of a package for DeHaan?

a 1st rounder for Dehaan...no way. Of course the islanders have a very bad GM too who somehow keeps his job (like Montreal and Vancouver)

I think it's more likely to protect, De haan, Nelson and Strome (if they still value you him long term.)   We're in the lucky area, that the worst we lose is someone like Carrier.

Unless they know they can flip them, they have to fill out a roster first. They are targeting three years from now but they have to have 7 defenseman, 13 forwards and 2 goalies this year.

McPhee drafted Grubauer so he may have a leaning toward that although he also knows if he isn't what he thought so.....,I guess I have no idea

Grubauer can develop into a real stud.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.