Expansion Draft -- Sabres moves and speculation

SabresBaltimore

Does that leave Larsson, Girgs, Carrier and Ennis exposed?

Yup. Basically, it's do we want to lose:

One of Larsson, Girgs, Carrier, or Ullmark

OR

Bogosian or Ullmark

Unless we think Vegas may take one of Moulson, Ennis, Deslauriers, Falk or Gorges.

Edited by Thorny

Yup. Basically, it's do we want to lose:

One of Larsson, Girgs, Carrier, or Ullmark

OR

Bogosian or Ullmark

Unless we think Vegas may take one of Moulson, Ennis, Deslauriers, Falk or Gorges.

When you put it that way -- first, it's kind of a bummer that we only have 3 forwards worth protecting, and 2nd, it does seem fairly likely that they'll decide to go 4-4-1 and protect Bogo instead of those 4 JAG forwards.

I'd bet anything that Ennis is protected.

So it's gotta be:

7: O'Reilly, Okposo, Kane, Girgensons, Foligno, Larsson, Carrier

3: Ristolainen, McCabe, Beaulieu

Right?

Not sure on the 'Tender.

Replace Larsson or Foligno with Ennis.

When you put it that way -- first, it's kind of a bummer that we only have 3 forwards worth protecting, and 2nd, it does seem fairly likely that they'll decide to go 4-4-1 and protect Bogo instead of those 4 JAG forwards.

Could be.

I'd bet anything that Ennis is protected.

Replace Larsson or Foligno with Ennis.

What makes you so confident re: Ennis?

Could be.

What makes you so confident re: Ennis?

I have a source deep inside the Vegas organization who will remain unnamed.

Seriously tho, just a hunch based on the way Housley talked about him, and he seems like the type of player who fits his style of play vs slower plodding types like Foligno and Larsson.

Larsson is slower and plodding? I respectfully disagree.

That said, it's gonna be awesome going to the draft and awards show! Enjoy it!

Thanks, yeah I'm pretty stoked, as are my kids. Just need to remember to load up on fireworks on the way home.

IMO, by today's standards, Larsson is slow. He has decent quickness in small areas, but he won't be the guy leading the rush up ice or winning puck races.... same with Foligno. I just don't think they're good fits. Baptiste would be better, or Bailey, Fasching.

Thanks, yeah I'm pretty stoked, as are my kids. Just need to remember to load up on fireworks on the way home.

IMO, by today's standards, Larsson is slow. He has decent quickness in small areas, but he won't be the guy leading the rush up ice or winning puck races.... same with Foligno. I just don't think they're good fits. Baptiste would be better, or Bailey, Fasching.

Well if you get some cool pics feel free to share!

hmm that is something to consider. 

I like Larsson a lot but agree his skating is an issue but I think people under estimate Foligno's skating ability. Bailed and Baptistery at e definitely faster and may be better fits but Foligno is definitely faster then Hudson although his style isn't as smooth.

Edited by tom webster

That's exactly my friend's point.  All of those forwards are JAGs.  I think he's right.  We'll know in a couple of hours.

I don't think they'll protect BOGO. We'll know soon. I think Larsson, foligno and girgs are more valuable to our team than BOGO, considering the salaries involved. Faulk is the one who gets exposed who was going to be protected before the Baloo trade

Final projection?

F: Okposo, ROR, Kane, Carrier, Foligno, Ennis (only because of Housley's comments), and Larsson.  I'm leaving Big Z expose to entice LV to take him over UIlmark.

D: Baloo, Risto and McCabe

G: Lehner

F: Okposo, O'Reilly, Kane, Larsson.

D: Ristolainen, McCabe, Bogosian, Beaulieu.

G: Surprise me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.