Expansion Draft -- Sabres moves and speculation

SabresBaltimore

My prediction: 4-4-1

ROR, KO, Kane, Zemgus

Risto, McCabe, Beaulieu, Bogo

Lehner

They could go Girgensons over Larsson.  I'd be fine with that.  But I definitely think they're going 4-4-1 now.  Lots of easily replaceable forwards.

Agree with that, but Bogo's big contract protects itself.  Why waste the protected space?

I don't think his big contract protects itself anymore than I think that Foligno's disproportional contract protects itself.  Vegas is going to have to spend somewhere.

WTF is their problem...

View 3 new Tweets

I thought they weren't going to make this lists public, but only announce them to other GM?

FLA protects Reimer in goal. NYI only team to protect 5D -- Boychuk, Hamonic, Leddy, Pelech, Pulock

One name that is coming out as unprotected: DET G Petr Mrazek. With Marc-Andre Fleury going to LV, that's an interesting one.

Available Oilers: Pouliot, Pakarinen, Fayle and Brossoit.

JT Brown, Cedric Paquette, Jake Dotchin, Jason Garrison among those left unprotected by Tampa Bay

FLA protects Reimer in goal. NYI only team to protect 5D -- Boychuk, Hamonic, Leddy, Pelech, Pulock

One name that is coming out as unprotected: DET G Petr Mrazek. With Marc-Andre Fleury going to LV, that's an interesting one.

Oh, that might help with Ullmark!

As to the NYI, They protect 5 D, yet DeHaan and Hickey are available.  Wow.

Eleven, as to Ullmark, Remember that Fleury, Raanta, Grubauer, probably Pickard, Subban, Dansk and now Mrazek are available.  

Edited by GASabresFan

BUFFALO SABRES

Available
William Carrier (F)
Nicolas Deslauriers (F)
Brian Gionta (F)
Derek Grant (F)
Justin Kea (F)
Matt Moulson (F)
Cal O'Reilly (F)
Cole Schneider (F)
Brady Austin (D)
Mathew Bodie (D)
Zach Bogosian (D)
Justin Falk (D)
Taylor Fedun (D)
Cody Franson (D)
Josh Gorges (D)
Dmitry Kulikov (D)
Anders Nilsson (G)
Linus Ullmark (G)

Protected
Tyler Ennis (F)
Marcus Foligno (F)
Zemgus Girgensons (F)
Evander Kane (F)
Johan Larsson (F)
Ryan O'Reilly (F)
Kyle Okposo (F)
Nathan Beaulieu (D)
Jake McCabe (D)
Rasmus Ristolainen (D)
Robin Lehner (G)

Edited by LGR4GM

Protected Tyler Ennis (F) Marcus Foligno (F) Zemgus Girgensons (F) Evander Kane (F) Johan Larsson (F) Ryan O'Reilly (F) Kyle Okposo (F)

Translate from Danish

The "Translate from Danish" thing is the only reason I'm posting this.

Surprised to see Carrier left open over Ennis, however, I'm inclined to think Jbotz has a deal in place with Vegas to take Molson so I'm not too worried. Perhaps that move comes down to locker room politics

The two I really want to see untouched are Bogosian and Ullmark.  Other than that, I really don't care.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.