Let's Trade for Dougie Hamilton

WildCard

Nylander, Reinhart and Ristolainen for Hamilton and Gaudreau.  

Value is off here. The difference between Risto and Hamilton is very similar to the difference between Gaudreau and Reinhart, and then there's a Nylander on our side for no reason. 

You'd need to add that Tkachuk kid and then a small piece on our side, probably. And that's just to get the value equal, I definitely want no part of this deal even though I looooooooooooooooove Johnny hockey. 

Only because of injuries, ill luck, & Muckler's stubbornness. Even w/ ALL that working against them they still took the eventual SC champs to OT 3 times and lost all 4 games 4-3. :censored:

Yup.  Injuries to the two most dynamic players in the league at the worst time possible kept that trade from being the next step.

If it is not enough, so be it. He has another 5 years at 5.75. He won't be a top pairing here.

Frankly, I think our best chance to get a potential top 4 guy is at the deadline. Anaheim is going to need cheap scoring help at the deadline and is bursting to the seams with D and top D prospects. They also have cap issues, and expansion issues. We an help.

We trade them Kane, eat 1/2 of Kane's deal this season for Theodore and Bieksa. We can afford the extra year on Bieksa's deal because we get rid of Kane's salary, plus Franson comes off the books. I'd even do the deal for Montour.

If it is not enough, so be it. He has another 5 years at 5.75. He won't be a top pairing here.

Frankly, I think our best chance to get a potential top 4 guy is at the deadline. Anaheim is going to need cheap scoring help at the deadline and is bursting to the seams with D and top D prospects. They also have cap issues, and expansion issues. We an help.

We trade them Kane, eat 1/2 of Kane's deal this season for Theodore and Bieksa. We can afford the extra year on Bieksa's deal because we get rid of Kane's salary, plus Franson comes off the books. I'd even do the deal for Montour.

I want no part of Bieksa, but I do like Montour and Theodore.   I'd even go Kane for Montour and a pick.   

That said, Kane's been playing well but how long can he stay out of trouble and healthy.

Edited by pi2000

I want no part of Bieksa, but I do like Montour and Theodore.   I'd even go Kane for Montour and a pick.   

That said, Kane's been playing well but how long can he stay out of trouble and healthy.

They can't afford to take Kane off our hands without giving us a contract back and that is the reason for Bieksa.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.