The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Just found out that Massachusetts is not New Hampshire, New Hampshire exists, and that it, Vermont, and Maine aren't stacked on top of one another on New York

If I can I'll draw a picture. Needless to say, this explains a lot of things for me; my buddy's driving routes to Boston for one, sporting rivalries, and why Boston was an important city for the Revolution

Just found out that Massachusetts is not New Hampshire, New Hampshire exists, and that it, Vermont, and Maine aren't stacked on top of one another on New York

If I can I'll draw a picture. Needless to say, this explains a lot of things for me; my buddy's driving routes to Boston for one, sporting rivalries, and why Boston was an important city for the Revolution

Your buddies driving routes to Boston should be limited to getting on the 90 and waiting a while.

Iceland / Island?

Spain / Espana?

Russia / Ross-i-ya? (That would be the proper transliteration of the Cyrillic letters.)

I mean there are probably 50 examples of this, and that's before you get into things like Germany / Deutschland.

Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles ...

.... What is happening In here.... Who wants to go to Potsdam anyways.. Unless they're getting laid

Which Potsdam? Das eins im Deutschland oder den eins in dem norden land?

So, my wife and I were beside ourselves with this one.

Our newish neighbours, who seem OK, but a bit out there and are around 30.  Way overpaid for the house, but ...

We hear kids playing with a new electric toy car.  We look out and it's them in a new .... are you ready for this ... riding toy Mercedes convertible ...  :wallbash:   :doh:

They won't have any trouble keeping up ... they are the Joneses.

I don't get it.

Chet and Muffy are so posh/vogue/snooty that even their son Dylan's toy car had to have the Mercedes brand on it.

NS, if the kid leaves his car in your yard (you know he will) you should key it with a love note that says something like "we are the 99%" or some nonsense. Let those blue bloods know even though they control all the wealth and power that screwing with them usually doesn't cost anything.

0v9po2izy8.jpg

Edited by Alkoholist

Ah, my friends.

Thanks for confirming that we are not crazy.

Not a problem. As a member of the dwindling middle class/expanding base of poor depending on how they define it, I'm all in favor of some class warfare. They may have the money and power but there's way more of us then there will ever be of them.

Edited by Alkoholist

What if it were a power wheels Jeep? I mean, they all cost around the same thing. And it all ends up looking like trashy lawn furniture anyway, because the little bugger never puts it away.

I can't speak for NS, but I don't think Jeep has the same stigma. The Mercedes brand carries an upper crusty vibe to it for people named Prescott where Jeep has a pseudo wanna be manly vibe for white collar office weenies who want to pretend to be outdoorsmen.

I can't speak for NS, but I don't think Jeep has the same stigma. The Mercedes brand carries an upper crusty vibe to it for people named Prescott where Jeep has a pseudo wanna be manly vibe for white collar office weenies who want to pretend to be outdoorsmen.

Which is insane considering how expensive Jeeps are

I used to drive a brown station wagon, it was an 88 Nissan, I made a windshield sticker that said "The Turd" in big letters. I got pulled over at night once doing 70 in a 55, the trooper shined his light on my inspection and then up and starting dying laughing, he let me go :)

2 months later, the turd started on fire while driving to work.... Sad end to the literal flaming bag of poop