The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

We literally tore down a statue of a general that was crucial in the victory against the redcoats... Because he was a slave owner. 

So we don't exist as the USA if this man wasn't in his position. 

This can be dissected in many ways, but we have enough current issues that eating time and resources to chase ghosts seems silly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

We literally tore down a statue of a general that was crucial in the victory against the redcoats... Because he was a slave owner. 

This can be dissected in many ways, but we have enough current issues that eating time and resources to chase ghosts seems silly. 

Agreed. I don’t understand why folks are starting lawsuits and ***** to stop progress.

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

Agreed. I don’t understand why folks are starting lawsuits and ***** to stop progress.

Just look at the a California proposals, the reparations and etc... I mean it's out of hand, it probnaly won't pass, but the fact that it's even a talking point is just stalling current issues at hand.... But it's California lol 

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Forest fire smoke is brutal here again, can’t see the sun and stinky. My throat feels like I had half a pack of darts and I was only outside an hour.

Damn, I was in Banff all last week and I got lucky as it was rainy. The one day it wasn't, the smoke showed up in the evening. It's no joke this year. Best of luck up there with this all. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Just look at the a California proposals, the reparations and etc... I mean it's out of hand, it probnaly won't pass, but the fact that it's even a talking point is just stalling current issues at hand.... But it's California lol 

Yeah, I can’t be bothered enough to theorize what more pressing issues CA is letting go by the wayside for this.  You must be putting more energy into it than I am.

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sounds like good reading.

Is anything more pathetic than someone so mentally/spiritually conquered as to think like this

“How could anyone think like that” is a really great way of trying to work with and better understand people. 

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Statues are stupid. 

Just sayin'.

The world is sinking under the weight of useless bronze.

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Statues are stupid. 

Just sayin'.

Art - the bestest way to launder money and bribe people ever invented.  Ooh, that painting of that sunset is just perfect, would you please take $10MM for it?

44 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Statues are stupid. 

Just sayin'.

I don't disagree, I could care less about it being there; But since it's been up for 100 years, why go through all the effort to take it down. It's not like it was a bronze pocohontas taking it up the @ss in a public square.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

“How could anyone think like that” is a really great way of trying to work with and better understand people. 

So is vapid, preening snark towards your least favorite demographic, which would have otherwise been cheered on or left alone

But noticing that and not nodding along somberly is le heckin bad-erino 

Give me a break lmao

whoops where's my empathy damn it

Edited by Randall Flagg

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Why is Qatar playing in the Concacaf Gold Cup?  Was there a major reshuffling of the globe that wasn't announced and now Venezuela is located next to Saudi Arabia?

I think it's the same reason Australia is in Eurovision.

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Why is Qatar playing in the Concacaf Gold Cup?  Was there a major reshuffling of the globe that wasn't announced and now Venezuela is located next to Saudi Arabia?

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2023/6/25/23760157/gold-cup-2023-explainer-why-is-qatar-in-concacaf-competition#:~:text=Qatar returning to the Gold,skills and observe new tactics.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

We have one of those town vacuum trucks that drives around for grass clippings.  For some strange reason, my wife doesn't like me telling my son that it's called the suck truck.

She doesn't want you to use your pet name for her in any other context, perhaps?

*ducks and runs out of the room*

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

She doesn't want you to use your pet name for her in any other context, perhaps?

*ducks and runs out of the room*

You've been waiting for ages to get back at me for the comment I made in your home improvement thread, haven't you?