The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Not sure how much people are aware, but storm chasing is big business.  Some storm chasers have vehicles that are highly modified to withstand storm conditions.  Today the area I live in was the highest risk area for hail in the country.  It didn't come to pass but the storm chasers were out and about in the area.  This one had a burger.... a couple miles west of my house.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Let the crunchy vegan aura seep into your inner soul.

But it's like the opposite of that.  The place is filled with people eating and drinking out of disposable containers...and we're worried about a straw?!   The corner bar will give you a drink in a glass and a plastic stirrer and I think it's safe to say that's a lot more environmentally friendly than this situation.

Just now, Eleven said:

But it's like the opposite of that.  The place is filled with people eating and drinking out of disposable containers...and we're worried about a straw?!   The corner bar will give you a drink in a glass and a plastic stirrer and I think it's safe to say that's a lot more environmentally friendly than this situation.

I despise paper straws, they disintegrate in 45 seconds. I don't know how or why we drew the line at straws. There has to be someone on another planet watching us and laughing at some of our collective decisions. 

15 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I despise paper straws, they disintegrate in 45 seconds. I don't know how or why we drew the line at straws. There has to be someone on another planet watching us and laughing at some of our collective decisions. 

I've been sipping on the thing for an hour with no issues.  It's just stupid is all.

22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Whenever I walk my dog along the road I can’t believe how many things get thrown out of vehicles. There are garbage/recycling cans at your next stop.

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

One person snapped a photo of a coke-head sea turtle and that was all it took.

It still blows my mind when I have to run to the grocery store when I'm back in NY and I see that they don't have bags anymore. That's another head scratcher. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, ubkev said:

That's another head scratcher. 

It's a money maker.  You have a bunch of groceries.   You need a bag.  They sell you a reusable one for $1?  $2?  $5? ...depending on whether it's just a heavier version of a standard plastic bag or a fabric tote bag.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It's a money maker.  You have a bunch of groceries.   You need a bag.  They sell you a reusable one for $1?  $2?  $5? ...depending on whether it's just a heavier version of a standard plastic bag or a fabric tote bag.

Yep.  I went to Dash's the other day and didn't have a bag with me.  15 cents for a paper bag.  The grocers are loving this.

21 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Like using a straw at all?😂

I don’t understand why people need straws in a restaurant. I mean, don’t people drink liquids all day every day at home without one? Do they get to a restaurant and forget how to do it all of a sudden?

The only time anyone ever needs a straw is if they are in a car, imo.

13 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Like using a straw at all?😂

I don’t understand why people need straws in a restaurant. I mean, don’t people drink liquids all day every day at home without one? Do they get to a restaurant and forget how to do it all of a sudden?

The only time anyone ever needs a straw is if they are in a car, imo.

Drinking a milkshake without a straw... No bueno 😂

I actually always have straws at home, I love sipping on a mixed drink in the hot tub from a straw 😜

I was reminiscing a bit this evening. Remembering a gig that I did in a gate house for a hydro turbine (on the river).

The gate house filters debris before it gets to the turbine, including dead bodies.

On the first day the facility rep met me at the door and unlocked it, then he said, “Let me know if you find a body.”

They had found one a week earlier. Apparently the finder has to fill out paperwork. 😱

I just saw a commercial for a service where you can get your dog genotyped. Seriously, america? Are we really this f’n stupid. 

But hey, there was a code to save $40. So that just means that this service costs a ***** load more than $40. 

Edited by shrader