The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

https://nowthisnews.com/news/cat-litter-school-bathroom-conspiracy-theory

Quote: 

“[t]he district — where Columbine High School is located — has been stocking classrooms with small amounts of cat litter since 2017, but as part of ‘go buckets’ that contain emergency supplies in case students are locked in a classroom during a shooting.”

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

https://nowthisnews.com/news/cat-litter-school-bathroom-conspiracy-theory

Quote: 

“[t]he district — where Columbine High School is located — has been stocking classrooms with small amounts of cat litter since 2017, but as part of ‘go buckets’ that contain emergency supplies in case students are locked in a classroom during a shooting.”

I can totally see how that could be twisted by a Tucker Carlson type into "students identifying as cats."

All I'm saying is that it got to the point in my area where a meeting had to be held. It most likely never had any real steam, but the threat was real enough to convene. 

I don't see myself budging on this, the world has far greater issues than the current itieation of gender equality. I'm happy you have softened, maybe in the future I'll get there, but right now, I cannot. 

10 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

👀

Look but don't touch eh 😉

14 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I wonder when it ends... The woke agenda or whatever it's called. I'm just waiting for the day when the bike races at the isle of Mann are now at the isle of They/Them...  

You're a single ***** person, you're not a they/them. Unless your BMI is over 50, then you may actually qualify. 

Every day my Google is flooded with men winning women's events and yaddi yada. I don't even have social media and I still know too much. 

Well, Google’s algorithm is designed to give you what it thinks you want.

Id suspect your history shows you tend to read about this.

I think Doohickey got it right.  You’re being trolled.

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Additionally, as a doctor, surely you know that there are more than XX and XY genders, don't you?  How would you refer to them, if even they don't know what they are?

Actually a doctor is probably going to have to be much more in tune with knowing someone’s sex. There are biological differences such as men having lower HDLcholesterol. The way people perceive themselves is not going to change that. 

6 hours ago, Weave said:

Well, Google’s algorithm is designed to give you what it thinks you want.

Id suspect your history shows you tend to read about this.

I think Doohickey got it right.  You’re being trolled.

Nah, my best friend that opened a clinic in Uganda with me, wouldn't "troll" me, we were both annoyed as it was fondue night, we had to postpone. 

I don't get ticked about things typically until they start affecting my life, and I have no social media, so that's how thick it's gotten. 

6 hours ago, shrader said:

Actually a doctor is probably going to have to be much more in tune with knowing someone’s sex. There are biological differences such as men having lower HDLcholesterol. The way people perceive themselves is not going to change that. 

Thank you. 

Sex is not gender. But gender should not trump sex 99% of the time 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sex is not gender. But gender should not trump sex 99% of the time 

I cringe every time I see actual medical forms get the two mixed up. Taking my 15 month old and seeing only gender asked on the forms, I’ll usually point it out to them. 

21 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Language changes and evolves

Thee and thou were strictly singular and informal.  Ye and you were either plural, or "formal"... in the same vein as "the royal we".  You would only use "you" to refer to multiple people (plural) or to your superiors to indicate a formal sense.  People adopted using "you" for informal singular as a snub to the nobility.  At first it sounded just as awkward to say "ye/you" instead of "thou/thee" as it does to say "they/them" for "he/him" or "she/her" today.  But there was change for a reason and "you" caught on; there was a functionality to the change.

There are serious implications for The Lord's Prayer with this--it is "thy," not "your," even in modern-day English.  (I'm not kidding, I wrote a mini-paper on it once.)  The distinction is ancient, as well; the Austrian Jewish philosopher/theologian Martin Buber titled his seminal work "Ich und Du," not "Ich und Sie," implying that Jews, as well as Christians, *choose* the second-person *informal* pronoun to address God!  It is not a coincidence and it is pretty amazing when you think about it.  (Or at least when I think about it.)  I have absolutely no knowledge of Arabic, so I don't know what the third major Abrahamic religion does there, but maybe @Sabres Fan in NS can chime in.

Edited by Eleven

Earlier today I was crossing the street a block from my house. A car was stopped waiting to turn left so I started to cross the street. The guy the. Very quickly rushed a turn right in front of me. I stared at the car and he slammed on his break then got out screaming obscenities at me, “what’s your f’n problem”. All I did from that point was point down the street and yelled back at him saying “go home”. He started to get back in the truck but then came back at me a second time screaming. Again, “go home”.

oops, left out one little detail. The whole time I’m carrying my 17 month old son. 

Edited by shrader

I just discovered the "full list of online users"

Why are a bunch of guests reading random threads from 5-10 years ago at any given time on this site? A "guest" is apparently reading through "Free Agent Frenzy 2015" right now. Is this some incredibly bored Sabre fan?  A bot? If the latter, how does it find itself on that page, for what purpose

So the PGA Tour attacks the players that left last year for the LIV tour.  A year later, they are merging. 

I guess that "Blood Money" they spoke of was too good to pass up . Didn't tell the tour members at all and many are outraged. 

$ Always wins with these people. Welcome to Earth. 

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/37805785/pga-tour-liv-golf-dp-world-tour-announce-merger

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/05/world/*****-naledi-burials-carvings-scn/index.html 

Fossils belonging to ***** naledi were first discovered in the Rising Star cave system in South Africa during excavations in 2013. The cave system is part of South Africa’s Cradle of Humankind, a UNESCO World Heritage Site encompassing an area where scientists have found fossils of multiple ancient human ancestor species — remains that are helping to unlock the story of human evolution.

Paleoanthropologist and National Geographic Explorer in Residence Dr. Lee Berger and his team of “underground astronauts” have continued their work in the extensive, dangerous caves to better understand the extinct hominins, or ancient human ancestors.

Now, the research team has discovered the remains of ***** naledi adults and children that were laid to rest in the fetal position within cave depressions and covered with soil. The burials are older than any known ***** sapiens burials by at least 100,000 years.

During the work to identify the cave burials, the scientists also found a number of symbols engraved on the cave walls, which are estimated to be between 241,000 and 335,000 years old, but they want to continue their testing for more precise dating.

The symbols include deeply carved hashtag-like cross-hatchings and other geometric shapes. Similar symbols found in other caves were carved by early ***** sapiens 80,000 years ago and Neanderthals 60,000 years ago and were thought to have been used as a way to record and share information.

“These recent findings suggest intentional burials, the use of symbols, and meaning-making activities by ***** naledi. It seems an inevitable conclusion that in combination they indicate that this small-brained species of ancient human relatives was performing complex practices related to death,” said Berger, lead author on two of the studies and coauthor on the third, in a statement. “That would mean not only are humans not unique in the development of symbolic practices, but may not have even invented such behaviors.”

4 hours ago, Night Train said:

So the PGA Tour attacks the players that left last year for the LIV tour.  A year later, they are merging. 

I guess that "Blood Money" they spoke of was too good to pass up . Didn't tell the tour members at all and many are outraged. 

$ Always wins with these people. Welcome to Earth. 

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/37805785/pga-tour-liv-golf-dp-world-tour-announce-merger

I wonder how many extra zeros the saudis had to add to any standing offer they had for the PGA. 

On 6/4/2023 at 10:51 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I wonder when it ends... The woke agenda or whatever it's called. I'm just waiting for the day when the bike races at the isle of Mann are now at the isle of They/Them...  

You're a single ***** person, you're not a they/them. Unless your BMI is over 50, then you may actually qualify. 

Every day my Google is flooded with men winning women's events and yaddi yada. I don't even have social media and I still know too much. 

If you stop clicking on them, they will stop showing up.

On 6/4/2023 at 10:41 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

You have countless pre-teens saying they are a opposite gender when they should be playing with worms and have zero clue what this even means at that age.

I'll take this one on too:  I have a niece that insisted, from the time she got out of diapers, that she had to wear boys clothes.  Her mom didn't make an issue of it and let her wear boys clothes 24/7.  As she came into puberty she decided that dresses and women's clothes were okay after all. 

If her mom had been like you, and forced her into dressing like her biological gender, she might have fought against it and entrenched herself into a transsexual mindset.  But her mom didn't make a big deal about it at all and it sorted itself out.

Let them sort it out.  Eventually they will.  They may come back to their biological gender.  Maybe they won't.  But in either case, it's up to them to develop their own sense of self.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'll take this one on too:  I have a niece that insisted, from the time she got out of diapers, that she had to wear boys clothes.  Her mom didn't make an issue of it and let her wear boys clothes 24/7.  As she came into puberty she decided that dresses and women's clothes were okay after all. 

If her mom had been like you, and forced her into dressing like her biological gender, she might have fought against it and entrenched herself into a transsexual mindset.  But her mom didn't make a big deal about it at all and it sorted itself out.

Let them sort it out.  Eventually they will.  They may come back to their biological gender.  Maybe they won't.  But in either case, it's up to them to develop their own sense of self.

I think he's saying the same thing you are.  Let the girl play with worms and sort it out; don't force gender theories and decisions on pre-teens.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

How are you getting this from his posts.  He LITERALLY has said the current movement is "hurting the classic tomboy and feminine "male" that exist in higher numbers."

You seem to be arguing right past him.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Biological gender is not a thing. The word is sex. 

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Others have echoed in, I think we are in agreement here. Let her play Nascar and wear baggy Ts. She's not out there saying, I'm a male. She's doing what kids do. Same with boys, you wanna be in dance and not play football, sweet, go for it. 

On 6/5/2023 at 10:18 PM, Eleven said:

There are serious implications for The Lord's Prayer with this--it is "thy," not "your," even in modern-day English.  (I'm not kidding, I wrote a mini-paper on it once.)  The distinction is ancient, as well; the Austrian Jewish philosopher/theologian Martin Buber titled his seminal work "Ich und Du," not "Ich und Sie," implying that Jews, as well as Christians, *choose* the second-person *informal* pronoun to address God!  It is not a coincidence and it is pretty amazing when you think about it.  (Or at least when I think about it.)  I have absolutely no knowledge of Arabic, so I don't know what the third major Abrahamic religion does there, but maybe @Sabres Fan in NS can chime in.

Gladly.

Arabic is a fascinating language.  It does not have such pronouns, as far as I know, but I do not speak the language.  In Arabic Allah is the perfect word for God as it is gender neuter.  Arabic speaking people of all faith traditions use it.  Arabic only uses Allah.  Never He, Thy or any such word.  In a sense Allah is not translateable into any language.  Unfortunately, Arabic does not translate well into any language so in English Qur'ans one will see the 'royal' We throughout.