The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

In terrible news. 

A mother overdosed with 2 very young children in the car, they were there all day in the heat, they are alive.... Barely. I can't find any other family right now, but it's all so fresh. 

Just found by an ambulance crew..... This world is a F*cked place. 

I'm not religious, but I hope the Egyptian god Ammut devours her soul so there is no afterlife or ounce of cosic energy left of that vile being. 

Rant over. 

• Sad 2

I mentioned my wife in this thread some weeks ago and a fascinating transformation she has gone through.

Last night when she told me that she has become a member of the Conservative Party of Canada was the cherry on top.

👀

I say again, it's like having an affair without cheating on your wife ...

So my older son, who's working on a degree in video/broadcasting, has a job lead at a local* television station.  Someone he's been in class with works there and told him about the position.  It would be working in the control room.  My son said, "I haven't taken that class yet."  His friend replied, "It doesn't matter; if they like you, they'll train you."

*In this case, local means in Dallas.  He'd have to drive to downtown Ft Worth (about 15 minute drive), then ride the train for an hour.  It so happens that it's a Spanish language station, but his friend said that doesn't matter that my son doesn't speak Spanish.

This isn't awesome thread material.... at least not until he gets an interview.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So my older son, who's working on a degree in video/broadcasting, has a job lead at a local* television station.  Someone he's been in class with works there and told him about the position.  It would be working in the control room.  My son said, "I haven't taken that class yet."  His friend replied, "It doesn't matter; if they like you, they'll train you."

*In this case, local means in Dallas.  He'd have to drive to downtown Ft Worth (about 15 minute drive), then ride the train for an hour.  It so happens that it's a Spanish language station, but his friend said that doesn't matter that my son doesn't speak Spanish.

This isn't awesome thread material.... at least not until he gets an interview.

Any chances that he encounters that offers free training and the room to grow is awesome. Appropriate thread. 
*awesome thread worthy*

Edited by Ogre
Wrong thread/right idea
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Oh it'll be in the awesome thread if he actually gets the job.  The awesome part is his enthusiasm.  He's gone to college three or four times; this is the first time that he actually likes the subject matter.

We're approaching awesome.  They called him and want to interview him Monday.

shocked ron burgundy GIF

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/10/2022 at 6:49 PM, Doohickie said:

We're approaching awesome.  They called him and want to interview him Monday.

shocked ron burgundy GIF

He just got back. They said they would tell him within a week if he got it. He felt like the interview went well.

• Like (+1) 3

There's a new restaurant opening at work, so we, the employees got to go to their soft opening and eat for free. That's nice and all. I just remembered that I haven't gone out to dinner with anyone who isn't my wife or related to me in at least 15 years and I really ***** hate other people's taste in food!

"How about, we try...."

Yeah, how bout not. I'm getting this, this and that. And I think sharing dinners is beyond gross. Piles of appetizers is different. Don't even think of touching my main course.