The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

On 3/28/2022 at 7:57 AM, inkman said:

Maybe. What’s Chris Rock’s angle?  Get much wanted attention I guess…

They are the topic of every podcast and morning and late night show all week. That's what was in it for both of them. 

Any attention is good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Same energy.

I’ve seen it all and then some.

This one guy came back from lunch with white powder on his face. When I confronted him he was all like “Huh? What?” While touching the powder that he knew was there.

”Oooh! That’s the headache medicine Goodie. I snort it because my headaches are so bad.”

Baring unforeseen situations Ramadan will start at sunset today.

For those of you unaware Ramadan is my Lent and as part of my fast during the Holy month I fast from all non-work related internet use.

I think that I will be around for most of the day today.

This year is very special as Easter, Passover and Ramadan are all in the same month.  A Blessed Easter, Passover and Ramadan to all my Brothers and Sisters.  And for all my Brothers and Sisters that don't celebrate any of those I ask for your blessings and peace as well.

Peace / Shalom / Salam 

• Like (+1) 6

I finally picked up my new glasses the other day.  With COVID still an issue I was delaying the inevitabe and picked them up and paid the balance due ... our insurance plan ... the NSANDMRSNS Plan ... is ***** and we have to pay the premiums and get zero coverage.

Anyway, 3 way (😎) progressives.  I am slowly getting used to them.  The areas for reading and computer screen distance blend and blur a bit, but I should be able to get used to them.  The distance part is great.  I don't need a strong prescription for that, but have needed the correction for some time and knew it.  It is something how much my eyes were straining at distance.

$1,000 (ish) bucks later ...

Happy Ramadan to me ...

Just now, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I finally picked up my new glasses the other day.  With COVID still an issue I was delaying the inevitabe and picked them up and paid the balance due ... our insurance plan ... the NSANDMRSNS Plan ... is ***** and we have to pay the premiums and get zero coverage.

Anyway, 3 way (😎) progressives.  I am slowly getting used to them.  The areas for reading and computer screen distance blend and blur a bit, but I should be able to get used to them.  The distance part is great.  I don't need a strong prescription for that, but have needed the correction for some time and knew it.  It is something how much my eyes were straining at distance.

$1,000 (ish) bucks later ...

Happy Ramadan to me ...

Jeepers creepers.

I hope you got the Radar O'Reillys.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife just told me that the Ramadan crescent moon has been sighted in Arabia, Australia, India and several other countries.

Therefore, there is no debate or question.  Ramadan will start at sunset today (at 7:43 PM here in Halifax).  First day of fasting is tomorrow.  Dawn is at 5:30 (ish) tomorrow and sunset is at 7:45 (ish), which means about 14 hour fast.  Not too bad.  The food and swearing and gossip and everything else is pretty easy to fast.  The fasting from water and other liquids is very long even at 14 hours.  As the month goes on the fasting time will be longer each day, so I will see how it goes, but in years past I would often break my fast after about 10 hours with a sip or two of water.

I will be signing of soon ... see you in a month.

• Like (+1) 2

Not only that, but mid-April is when my sentence as a Ghost will be up.

I think I will return from my fast with my original user name ... Sabres Fan in NS ... yous can all call me NS.

Sorry @The Ghost of Yuri ... it's been fun being your Ghost.

The moon is at 0.6 % right now here in Halifax.  Just barely large enough to see before it sets about an hour after sunset, but it's cloudy here.

Tomorrow is supposed to clear late in the afternoon, so we should be able to see the 1 day old Ramadan crescent moon tomorrow evening.  Always a thrill.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I have an autoimmune thing that affects many systems including my skin. The UV  exposure in summer months keeps it in check but in the colder months I suffer greatly. 

The cure is $90/visit three tImes/week at the dermatologist’s or Zoomtan for $30/month.

TIL (my first experience) that five minutes there is two hours in the sun.

oof

6 hours ago, Ogre said:

I have an autoimmune thing that affects many systems including my skin. The UV  exposure in summer months keeps it in check but in the colder months I suffer greatly. 

The cure is $90/visit three tImes/week at the dermatologist’s or Zoomtan for $30/month.

TIL (my first experience) that five minutes there is two hours in the sun.

oof

😂 I remember my first time, as well.

15 hours ago, SwampD said:

😂 I remember my first time, as well.

People were asking me if I just got back from vacation today. It is absolutely insane how much I tanned in five minutes.

And I’m not all itchy! Sweet relief that the steroids can’t achieve!

I’m sold 100%! No more scratching myself bloody in my sleep!

4 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Vitamin D? Not much here being there is no Sun

Negative on the D theory. I eat a super clean diet and supplement.

It’s an autoimmune thing. Same story as my hair follicles except that the immune systems attacks my skin and is held at bay by UV light.

Sweet relief for an Ogre like me….and I come out looking like a god…..of something or other….