The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

@d4rk: DUDE. I sometimes get going on a riff of that, and it usually ends with this absolutely delicious stomach fluttering existential terror -- a feeling like I'm about to jump off a cliff.

That's exactly it. Like... If everything came from a single point, what was before that? What surrounded it? How the heck does that even work? We all exist in time and space, but the time and space we exist in didn't exist at one time.

It's like starting a fire but we don't know how the wood even got in the pit, or what the pit is.

How did we get to the start?

It's like starting a fire but we don't know how the wood even got in the pit, or what the pit is.

How did we get to the start?

A fault of human nature is assuming we have the ability to see everything there is to see. For all we know our universe could be no more significant to existence than a single cell in our body is to our well being. Nothing more significant than a cell dividing.

A fault of human nature is assuming we have the ability to see everything there is to see. For all we know our universe could be no more significant to existence than a single cell in our body is to our well being. Nothing more significant than a cell dividing.

It's crazy and I love it!

I am overworked like you wouldn't believe.

So I put some laundry in the washer at about 7, set the alarm clock for an hour, and took a nap.

Twilight looks like morning.

I woke up thinking it was tomorrow.  

I texted my girlfriend, wondering where she was.  She's still at work, of course.

Now she thinks I'm crazy.

So I put some laundry in the washer at about 7, set the alarm clock for an hour, and took a nap.

I texted my girlfriend, wondering where she was. She's still at work, of course.

:lol:

I texted my girlfriend, wondering where she was. She's still at work, of course.

Had an employee call in to work once. She called sounding frantic on the answering machine. "hey, this is so and so! I'm running late, I'll be right there!"

I called her back. I never call back. She was rushing to work for her 6pm shift at 7am thinking she was an hour late. It was hilarious.

I should mention that this has happened before.  One winter, when my fiancee still was with me, I did the same thing.  Only at 5.  It's dark at 5 pm in the dead of winter, and it's dark at 5 am, too.  

Imagine my surprise when she woke me up at what I THOUGHT WAS SIX IN THE MORNING to tell me that my parents had stopped by and wanted to say hi.  I made my way downstairs and got waters and sodas for everyone, but wow it was weird.

Edited by Eleven

I should mention that this has happened before. One winter, when my fiancee still was with me, I did the same thing. Only at 5. It's dark at 5 pm in the dead of winter, and it's dark at 5 am, too.

Imagine my surprise when she woke me up at what I THOUGHT WAS SIX IN THE MORNING to tell me that my parents had stopped by and wanted to say hi. I made my way downstairs and got waters and sodas for everyone, but wow it was weird.

My most shining moment was at one point during the winter where I woke up at 1:30 in the morning and immediately jumped in the shower. It wasn't until I got back into the bedroom and my wife asked me what the hell I was doing when I realized that it wasn't anywhere near my morning wake up time. It turned out really well though because there's nothing better than getting to go back to bed after you think you've woken up for the morning.

My most shining moment was at one point during the winter where I woke up at 1:30 in the morning and immediately jumped in the shower. It wasn't until I got back into the bedroom and my wife asked me what the hell I was doing when I realized that it wasn't anywhere near my morning wake up time. It turned out really well though because there's nothing better than getting to go back to bed after you think you've woken up for the morning.

I did the same thing when I was a kid.

I should mention that this has happened before.  One winter, when my fiancee still was with me, I did the same thing.  Only at 5.  It's dark at 5 pm in the dead of winter, and it's dark at 5 am, too.  

Imagine my surprise when she woke me up at what I THOUGHT WAS SIX IN THE MORNING to tell me that my parents had stopped by and wanted to say hi.  I made my way downstairs and got waters and sodas for everyone, but wow it was weird.

A few months ago, my wife frantically ran through the house waking everyone up, saying we're late for work and school, thinking it was 7:00 (she leaves at 7:15, kids get the bus at 6:30).  I looked at the stove and microwave while letting the dogs out and confirmed it was actually 12:30.  We had been asleep for about 2 hours.

Random... We've is stuck in Detroit Airport.... my Dad is stuck in Chicago trying to get to Detroit... 

Just been watching that line of storms regenerate over central Michigan and hammer DTW over and over again allll night. 

I'm down here in Toledo. Complaint Thursdays thread was closed when I saw it. Good luck, We've, hope you get out soon- tomorrow's forecast is storms from 4 am through all day :( 

Random... We've is stuck in Detroit Airport.... my Dad is stuck in Chicago trying to get to Detroit...

Just been watching that line of storms regenerate over central Michigan and hammer DTW over and over again allll night.

I'm down here in Toledo. Complaint Thursdays thread was closed when I saw it. Good luck, We've, hope you get out soon- tomorrow's forecast is storms from 4 am through all day :(

Thanks. Wasting time in baggage claim = out of Detroit. Home soon.

• 2 weeks later...

How come we don't have any posts from WildCard today?

He is usually shouting for everyone who have nothing to say.

Long weekend for me :lol:

Brought the girlfriend to the wedding, where she told me my aunt she just met is a bitch, ignored my speech (killed that btw), then threw a temper tantrum outside because "You clearly care more about your sister than you do me". So I gave her her stuff and walked away. Wedding and night was actually really fun after that  

Brought the girlfriend to the wedding, where she told me my aunt she just met is a bitch, ignored my speech (killed that btw), then threw a temper tantrum outside because "You clearly care more about your sister than you do me". So I gave her her stuff and walked away. Wedding and night was actually really fun after that

Told ya

Smart move to walk away from that. Sounds like a head case.