The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I was in Home Depot this weekend and this old guy approached me because I was wearing a BU t-shirt.  He was originally from Cape Cod, so he started talking Boston sports right away.  I quickly dodged the *patriots talk right away telling him I was from Buffalo and more of a hockey guy.  He told me he still kept up with all of the Boston teams except for the Bruins.  He said "I gave up on them when they traded away Bobby Orr, so it's been almost 30 years".  I didn't have the heart to tell him that it's actually been over 40.

Did you have the heart to tell him that Orr wasn't traded?

Did you have the heart to tell him that Orr wasn't traded?

That may be my own wording of the conversation.  I don't really remember.  I tend to stop listening once they start the *patriot bragging.  He also asked me what I thought about new england stealing our RB and "safety".  I also didn't have the heart to address that one.

Edited by shrader

This 'man bun' hair style thing is the stupidest thing in the history of stupid things.  That's all.

Lot of guys do it to hide a bald top of the head

Mullet vs. Man-bun: go! I think if I have to choose, the mullet is more regrettable than the man-bun. Maybe I'll start a poll.

Mullet vs. Man-bun: go! I think if I have to choose, the mullet is more regrettable than the man-bun. Maybe I'll start a poll.

Equally regrettable hairstyles that will be mocked after they are out of fashion, only to return eventually when enough time has passed.

Girls like the man bun, no girl likes a mullet

Chicks who were way into guys like Andre Agassi, Bono, and Patrick Swayze, to name a few, would be heard to disagree.

Oh, and to a far lesser degree I am sure, my date to junior prom would, at least at one point in time, have disagreed as well. Sweet girl, she was.

Equally regrettable hairstyles that will be mocked after they are out of fashion, only to return eventually when enough time has passed.

Chicks who were way into guys like Andre Agassi, Bono, and Patrick Swayze, to name a few, would be heard to disagree.

Oh, and to a far lesser degree I am sure, my date to junior prom would, at least at one point in time, have disagreed as well. Sweet girl, she was.

I mean, all of those things were 20-30 years ago. Today, the man bun is better than the mullet 

Money trumps all.  Slap a mullet on the word's ugliest man and throw a couple million dollars in his wallet.  He'll have a line out his door.

The mullet does not make the man. The man makes the mullet.

That's just it. The mullet was a man's man hairstyle. Don't believe me? Swayze in Roadhouse, Kurt Russel in anything, Mel Gibson.

Man bun...name one. I can't. Not saying there isn't, I just can't.

That's just it. The mullet was a man's man hairstyle. Don't believe me? Swayze in Roadhouse, Kurt Russel in anything, Mel Gibson.

Man bun...name one. I can't. Not saying there isn't, I just can't.

This. The only saving grace for a man bun is that it can be "fixed" in like 2 seconds by removing the rubber band, scrunchy, or whatever the thing is that is used to make the bun is called.

Edited by Drunkard

This. The only saving grace for a man bun is that it can be "fixed" in like 2 seconds by removing the rubber band, scrunchy, or whatever the thing is that is used to make the bun is called.

It's called a scrunchy :p

Farmers markets: wicked cheap produce, Amish folks selling Amish things, tables and tables of utter garbage and some super racist signs/flags/keychains/etc for sale.

I did enjoy the irony of the Confederate flag/speak English booth sandwiched between the Indian guys selling bootleg perfume and the authentic Mexican cuisine booth.

Edited by ubkev

Woman here.

The only time I accept a man bun is if you're some rugged rock climber/outdoorsman and your hair has grown long because you're focusing on topping El Cap and you sometimes need your locks out of your face. Sign me up. 

The trendy "half my head is shaved but check it- i've got an itty bitty little baby bun thing flopping around on my noggin" look- nope. Nope. No. 

I'd accept a ponytail in certain cases. Rare. 

Mullets? Nah. But I didn't grow up in an era where they were everywhere- I can't promise that my girlish whimsies wouldn't also have been serenaded by the pure raunch and machismo of a tight jeaned sex god with a front that means bidness and a back that says "They Call Me Iron Horse"