The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Sabres79 -- is there another way you could bring in some additional cash?  uber driver, teach, bartend, work OT hours, something?

I would try something like that before switching between the jobs as you've described them.

Your wife may not be hung up on the extra $$ so much as PO'd because she thinks you're putting your happiness first and blowing off her concerns.

Yeah,I have to run any part time gig past the Supreme Court. They like teaching (I'm on the waiting list as an adjunct for several local colleges) and they tend to deny other jobs. I've simultaneously had it up to here with a job I enjoy(but pays me poverty wages) and the expectations of my other half. .

I know how you feel.

I just got a rejection letter for a part time I thought I was well qualified for. I badly needed that money.

I'm really hurting now. I will be broke soon. That's what I get for pursuing a career I enjoy. 

I know how you feel.

I just got a rejection letter for a part time I thought I was well qualified for. I badly needed that money.

I'm really hurting now. I will be broke soon. That's what I get for pursuing a career I enjoy. 

Pursue what you love. I wish I had figured out a decade ago how much I loved analyzing hockey players. I was in Buffalo and going to UB. I could have worked hard and probably had an internship with the Sabres or maybe the Americans, just getting my foot in the door. Instead I do what I do and try not to be to bored. 

Do what you love. 

Pursue what you love. I wish I had figured out a decade ago how much I loved analyzing hockey players. I was in Buffalo and going to UB. I could have worked hard and probably had an internship with the Sabres or maybe the Americans, just getting my foot in the door. Instead I do what I do and try not to be to bored. 

Do what you love. 

I have and thus far it's really only ever resulted in heartbreak. 

I thought I had some good experience/decent skills. Apparently not enough for this city. I've been searching for over a year now. I don't know what to do anymore. My considerable savings are almost completely gone. Freelance isn't steady pay. Selling prints won't be enough to bring in the difference. 

Wouldn't dream of going back to my last job though... Just the fact that the amount of women there has now dwindled to 3 (8 were left when I quit in December) tells me I made the right decision there. 

Should paint my struggles and sell it on hoodies I guess. Followed my dreams, led to nowhere. 

Edited by Josie914

I thought I had some good experience/decent skills. Apparently not enough for this city. I've been searching for over a year now. I don't know what to do anymore. My considerable savings are almost completely gone. Freelance isn't steady pay. Selling prints won't be enough to bring in the difference. 

Wouldn't dream of going back to my last job though... Just the fact that the amount of women there has now dwindled to 3 (8 were left when I quit in December) tells me I made the right decision there. 

Should paint my struggles and sell it on hoodies I guess. Followed my dreams, led to nowhere. 

You should make some awesome beer can labels for local Buffalo breweries and see if they would buy those! I am just thinking outside the box for ways to use your art skillllzzz 

The first thing you need to do is bill your current client for work completed so far. They're cutting into your paying client time with this project dragging on.

Next thing is to stop sweating job rejections. They're a fact of life. Just keep applying for things when they come along and eventually something will hit. I know it's discouraging, but you're getting interviews and that's good.

Get started on some of the things we talked about with Will the other night. Start prospecting. And get that sample contract from him so you can start using it with clients like your current one.

You should make some awesome beer can labels for local Buffalo breweries and see if they would buy those! I am just thinking outside the box for ways to use your art skillllzzz

We actually talked about this one the other day. It's just a matter of getting her work across the decision makers desks. We know people who can help with that

It's alright, how she thinks things will get better if she subtracts my income I'll never understand. Unless the dude on deck is much better off... I should probably stop.

Working with your wife.... sucks!!! My opinion, obviously.

Ultimatums from your wife also suck. Been married long?

Been together in total 13 years. Our 10th wedding anniversary is in July. Christ.

Well, 13 years is long enough to know if she means it or not. It's plenty long enough to know if anything that you have to say about the situation matters.

I've been through the job thing before. I was sans job in fall 2008, I couldn't get a job at Tim Hortons. It SUCKS. Before that I TWICE went through a phonebook and sent resume's and cover letters to every business in there that was in the field I was looking for. I got two calls the first time, one the second (and the second time I actually had experience).

Just remember, you only need one to work out. 

Edited by sabills

There's no dedicated thread for the combine that's ongoing down at Harborcenter.

Anyhoo. Here's a tremendous Twitter thread that started with a dipsh1t Toronto journo saying something unkind about Buffalo. 

https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler/status/870668268477890561

This Tweet put me hip to a Twitter-metric called "The Ratio." Note the number of replies, and then compare to Likes or RTs. This guy is getting a right and proper Twitter enema.

Sabres are having their equipment sale tomorrow from 10-2 at the arena. If you guys are in need of pro quality gear at waaaay reduced prices, you should check it out. I'm actually really curious about the prices and what will be available. If anyone goes, let me know. Please.

Sabres are having their equipment sale tomorrow from 10-2 at the arena. If you guys are in need of pro quality gear at waaaay reduced prices, you should check it out. I'm actually really curious about the prices and what will be available. If anyone goes, let me know. Please.

Hmm I think I may

There's no dedicated thread for the combine that's ongoing down at Harborcenter.

Anyhoo. Here's a tremendous Twitter thread that started with a dipsh1t Toronto journo saying something unkind about Buffalo. 

https://twitter.com/scottcwheeler/status/870668268477890561

This Tweet put me hip to a Twitter-metric called "The Ratio." Note the number of replies, and then compare to Likes or RTs. This guy is getting a right and proper Twitter enema.