The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I really want t know who it is that actually finds his whatever he does entertaining enough to watch. Obviously there are many, otherwise he'd have no platform. I've never met anyone who has admitted it. Kind of the same way Budweiser continues to exist, I suppose... have you ever encountered anyone ordering a Bud at a bar? I have once. It was an underage girl sent in by ABC agents. Which pissed me off, since I liked that bartender, but she served her... didn't end well.

Not really. ESPN ratings and insider subscriptions have absolutely fallen off a cliff. They've been on a major downward spiral for a long time, and it looks like they don't learn

Their ratings are plummeting, but I don't think it's because they don't feature enough of John Clayton and others like him.

They're going to have to re-tool to be a more modern media entity. It would appear they're trying to do that now. It's a grizzly process, for sure.

I really want t know who it is that actually finds his whatever he does entertaining enough to watch. Obviously there are many, otherwise he'd have no platform. I've never met anyone who has admitted it. Kind of the same way Budweiser continues to exist, I suppose... have you ever encountered anyone ordering a Bud at a bar? I have once. It was an underage girl sent in by ABC agents. Which pissed me off, since I liked that bartender, but she served her... didn't end well.

Not only do I know people who order Bud at a bar, but I know many people who are brand-loyal to Budweiser. Often, their first couple of beer orders are accompanied by an order of a shot. These people also have favourite NASCAR drivers, by way of context.

Not only do I know people who order Bud at a bar, but I know many people who are brand-loyal to Budweiser. Often, their first couple of beer orders are accompanied by an order of a shot. These people also have favourite NASCAR drivers, by way of context.

Sweet Baby Jeebus...

Sweet Baby Jeebus...

Do those folks and their beer-consumption habits trouble you in some way?

They needn't. They shouldn't.

My preferred styles of beer are brown ales and pale ales, but I'm more than happy to sit on a cooler while I drink a few Buds, do a few shots of whatever's handy, and shoot the breeze with people who recognize good fun.

Have bud at bar, have favorite NASCAR driver. Do not appreciate Steven A. Smith.

Do those folks and their beer-consumption habits trouble you in some way?

They needn't. They shouldn't.

My preferred styles of beer are brown ales and pale ales, but I'm more than happy to sit on a cooler while I drink a few Buds, do a few shots of whatever's handy, and shoot the breeze with people who recognize good fun.

I suppose not. I'll not turn any beer offered to me down, but still. It's not good. I realize that there's no judgment scale in matters of taste, but if I'm paying bar prices, I'm getting something my alcoholic friends could not have just pissed out. Taste, not alcohol content is the concern here, mind.

Fun fact: bud is made with rice. You should get checked for an allergy to that.

Interesting. What about Coors Light? Not that I'm going to drink it anyway, but whenever I have that it feels like I swallowed a jagged metal O. Edited by SwampD

Fun fact: bud is made with rice. You should get checked for an allergy to that.

Busch is made with rice too. Budweiser and Busch are basically the same thing and both made from Aneiser Busch. Many people can't drink either because the rice gives headaches to people.

Busch is made with rice too. Budweiser and Busch are basically the same thing and both made from Aneiser Busch. Many people can't drink either because the rice gives headaches to people.

Buncha pussies. They should try drinking Utica Club if they want to know what a rice induced headache is.

Buncha ###### pussies. They should try drinking Utica Club if they want to know what a rice induced headache is.

I mean, maybe they're just allergic to terrible beer. And before you dismiss me with the snob stanp, I at one point (in high school) bought Strohs by the goddamn 30 pack because yay! Cheap beer!

Also Natural Ice: $.32 per can my freshman year of college. Good (and by that that I mean what got me drunken times for less) beer.

Not really. ESPN ratings and insider subscriptions have absolutely fallen off a cliff. They've been on a major downward spiral for a long time, and it looks like they don't learn

But they talk football 365 days a year and basketball the other 365 days a year! It's a wonderful network!!! Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Alright Sabrespace, some advice please. My wife is pushing me to apply for a job in the legal department of the hospital she works for. It would be a ton more money than I make now as a lowly judicial officer. I'm fairly sure I'd hate it. Other than the lack of money, I love my current job. Applying isn't really the issue, but what if I get offered the job.. the money seems nice. I've already taken a 30% pay cut to take the job I have now, an feel bad about that. Consider the application submitted, should I do it?

Alright Sabrespace, some advice please. My wife is pushing me to apply for a job in the legal department of the hospital she works for. It would be a ton more money than I make now as a lowly judicial officer. I'm fairly sure I'd hate it. Other than the lack of money, I love my current job. Applying isn't really the issue, but what if I get offered the job.. the money seems nice. I've already taken a 30% pay cut to take the job I have now, an feel bad about that. Consider the application submitted, should I do it?

What are your day-to-day responsibilities now, and what would they be in the new job?

What are your day-to-day responsibilities now, and what would they be in the new job?

Dayto day now: conducting probable cause hearings pre and post arrest, search warrants, determining bail for defendants, mental health emergency commitments.

Potential job; document and chart review. Would pay more. (I understand this is sad,but you voted for this)

Dayto day now: conducting probable cause hearings pre and post arrest, search warrants, determining bail for defendants, mental health emergency commitments.

Potential job; document and chart review. Would pay more. (I understand this is sad,but you voted for this)

Can't put a price on happiness.