The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Concerning Eggplant ...

All you guys that hate it are just plain ...

WRONG!!

You guys just don't know how to prepare and eat it ... go to Greece, my friends, they will show you.

I'm sure Woody will be posting from Greece any day now.

This guy gets it. High-five, NS!

Concerning Eggplant ...

WRONG!!

You guys just don't know how to prepare and eat it ... go to Greece, my friends, they will show you.

It could taste like Kathrine Webb's honey pot and I'm still not eating it.

I enjoy eggplant when it's prepared well.

Problem being: It's incredibly difficult to prepare it well - based on my experience with eating it.

OTOH, shout-out to eggplant for being the texting lexicon's penis emoji.

I've had good eggplant and bad eggplant and find it quite delicious if done right. It's a good meat substitute if you're tight on cash or exploring other options- like portobello mushrooms. 

And yes. I've been snickering to myself about all the gents on here freaking out about eggplant- to us millennial social media addicted miscreants, eggplant=d!ck. 

I've had good eggplant and bad eggplant and find it quite delicious if done right. It's a good meat substitute if you're tight on cash or exploring other options- like portobello mushrooms.

And yes. I've been snickering to myself about all the gents on here freaking out about eggplant- to us millennial social media addicted miscreants, eggplant=d!ck.

Learn something new every day. (TAS's post was the 1st I'd seen that.)

Now, those OTOH are pretty idiot-proof. I know this because my wife showed me how to prepare one in the toaster oven for a light meal -- to amazing effect. Lightly season it, pop it in the toaster oven for 10 minutes or so, put a slice of cheese on top, then broil it for a couple more minutes, and BOOM. Deliciousness.

IMO, there is only one meat substitute,... a different meat.

Why on earth would someone substitute eggplant into a dish that is obviously superior with chicken or veal?

Because immigrants from Italy (like any other kind of immigrants) were poor.  It's not good; it just was cheap.  It's horrible.

Now, those OTOH are pretty idiot-proof. I know this because my wife showed me how to prepare one in the toaster oven for a light meal -- to amazing effect. Lightly season it, pop it in the toaster oven for 10 minutes or so, put a slice of cheese on top, then broil it for a couple more minutes, and BOOM. Deliciousness.

Mushrooms are awesome.  What this has to do with eggplants, I'll never know. Meat substitutes?  No, neither.  

But mushrooms are amazing, eggplants suck, and you should feel bad if you like the latter.

Concerning Eggplant ...

WRONG!!

Greece is def on my list, I have 8 more countries booked this year already, but still have 3/4 months with no trip, so I shall try and remedy that!

As for eggplant.... It's just terrible, a purple vegetable?!? Cmon, I tried it at a fabulous place on the Almafi coast in Italy, literally the entirety of the meal was amazing.... Except for the eggplant... Hard pass forever and always :)

Anyone have any experience with GoPro filming? I'm toying with the idea of recording some of my skiing adventures. Perhaps even some hockey too. I found what appears to be an incredibly cheap deal on eBay for a hero 3 white and was wondering if it would be at all worth it.

Anyone have any experience with GoPro filming? I'm toying with the idea of recording some of my skiing adventures. Perhaps even some hockey too. I found what appears to be an incredibly cheap deal on eBay for a hero 3 white and was wondering if it would be at all worth it.

Others can probably be more helpful here- I have borrowed my in-laws GoPro a couple times but only dabbled with quick footage. Main reason: the battery life is horrendous. I don't know if they just got a lemon, or the battery issue is rampant. But I would suggest you invest in backup batteries. Nothing worse than missing your footage because you're already up on the mountain when "low-battery" starts flashing. 

Holy spit - I don't think I ever saw that episode. How is that possible?

I'm always surprised when I see a final scene that I never, uh, seen. I'm talking about the short closing scene after the final commercials. Elaine's dad singing Master of the House on his drive back to Maryland, for example.

I had 20,982 steps today. If I wasn’t still feuding with photobucket I’d prove it.(not really bothered if you don’t believe)(too tired). Something like 8 miles. It’s a daily thing.

I earn every penny of my extra pay to be foreman.

Every. Single. Penny.