GDT: Raleigh @ Buffalo 7:00 pm EST, 12/22/2016

JJFIVEOH

Nrw coach, yes. New GM, no

ROR, Okposo, resinging Larry and Risto.

Good Lord, you're giving him credit for re-signing RFAs? That's considered a big win now?

Seriously, take away the ROR trade and his trade record is basically a mess. The team sucks. Our GM is more personality than results.

Good Lord, you're giving him credit for re-signing RFAs? That's considered a big win now?

Seriously, take away the ROR trade and his trade record is basically a mess. The team sucks. Our GM is more personality than results.

And the Okposo signing? And PU? The draft picks he's made other than the obvious 2?

The Kane and Lehner trade and now GMTM sucks. I don't see it

This game was supposed to help round out the end of the push against teams around us ....

<snip>

Flagg, thanks for continuing to carry the torch for intelligent hockey talk.

For me, your post boils down to this: the GM has built a team that is not suited to the way the coach chooses to play.

Dan will be gone sooner or later. I'm fine with sooner.

Edited by dudacek

I’ve posted this a lot but I’ll do it again because I think it’s having a new effect on our players. We just don’t play hockey between the blue lines like good teams. We’re a decade behind right now. We spend so much time chasing loose pucks and not creating and manipulating space. We intentionally give it up after finally getting it back, hoping that our two LA-style wingers, Kane and Foligno, can get it back. 

Agree on the entire post, which I shall not quote for the sake of eyes. But what I bolded here? And it may just be negative vibes from a terrible game talking...but my gravest worry is that Murray is on board with Bylsma's style of play and wants to be LA-East...but has failed in colossal fashion in acquiring the right pieces (whether it's because he couldn't, or worse, he thinks the collected pieces fit the style...).

And the Okposo signing? And PU? The draft picks he's made other than the obvious 2?

The Kane and Lehner trade and now GMTM sucks. I don't see it

Okposo signing was good, but signings like Moulson and Franson have been disastrous.

What other draft picks are we celebrating? The jury is basically out on everyone.

The team was loaddd with assets when he got here. He's traded away a ton and all we have to show for it is a slow team with a weak defense. Without Eichel, we're still a bottom 5 team.

It's been 2 years. He's a t-shirt, not a genius GM.

If they are going to heat up, perhaps we should move the Bylsma and Murray discussions to a more relevant thread?

As far as tonight goes, the first period was about as bad as I've seen our defence play.

Franson is just an adequate defenceman, but I haven't seen him make the kind of errors we saw from Risto, Bogo and Kuli tonight. Ouch.

The second was spent killing penalties and the third was fine.

Why we don't play all game with the puck pressure we see in the third, I'm not sure.

I don't think they're lazy.

I want GM TM to be asked that directly: Do you favour pr envision a style of play and if so what is it? And if not what do you think of Hot Daniel's dump, chase, board rattling?

The Sabres are not on a forward path.

I started a thread:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24580-murray-and-bylmsa-how-long-will-they-stay-together/

From the sounds of it I'm kind of glad I had volleyball league tonight and missed the game. Sounds like the board is circling the wagons for Bylsmas demise.

I can't say that it's wing given the blatant unwillingness to play possession hockey despite one of the best possession and zone entry players in Eichel

From the sounds of it I'm kind of glad I had volleyball league tonight and missed the game. Sounds like the board is circling the wagons for Bylsmas demise.

I can't say that it's wing given the blatant unwillingness to play possession hockey despite one of the best possession and zone entry players in Eichel

I missed game too because of Christmas party and they have Dish Network so I couldn't watch. Boo! I don't know why they are not a better team. It's a tough question. Were they playing better with Falk and Fedun in line up?

I don't blame Lehner, Bylsma or defensemen turning pucks over.

The more I watch this team, the more I notice there are group of players on this team that seem to be OK with losing. I don't know if it's just psychological damage from the tank years or what... but evidently it's a culture problem.

The only way to fix this is to move on from those players, and I think we all know who they are.

This will be the only home game I attend this year. All I really want for Christmas is a Sabres win and please god no shootout loss. I also want to see Jack play mad and have a doozy of a game. I'm also taking my wife, who has never been to a game in Buffalo.

I have a parking pass for the garage that says it's worth $20. If anyone wants it PM me and it looks like I can email it through the Sabres ticket app service thingy.

GO SABRES!

Well christmas has officially been ruined. That was a horrible game.

I don't blame Lehner, Bylsma or defensemen turning pucks over.

The more I watch this team, the more I notice there are group of players on this team that seem to be OK with losing. I don't know if it's just psychological damage from the tank years or what... but evidently it's a culture problem.

The only way to fix this is to move on from those players, and I think we all know who they are.

Moulson, Gionta, Girgensons? The players most tenured and endured the tank?

Well christmas has officially been ruined. That was a horrible game.

Sabres play the Islanders tonight.  A win could change that for ya.  

Buffalo has been bad for so long I've adjusted.  Don't even think of them on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.