Missing poster formation; the lost please check in

PASabreFan

When you sign you click on the sign on anonymously box and you will not show on the active listing, except as anonymous.  You can still post and PM and everything.  It will show as private on your profile and last active listing.

And, I meant to say good for you to help your friend.

Thanks.

Not heated, just weird. The THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED rant. And the THIS wasn't Bylsma. I think the THIS is the Sabres sucking. So, anyone who wanted Ruff out wanted the team to fall apart? I guess?

Sorry, you're right it wasn't heated, at least on your part, but Angry 11, was there. 

EDITED:

Damn phone!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I think the hockey has been so bad for so long, people are discouraged and losing interest. It's no fault of the board, it's just that losing gets old. There's a certain hopelessness of being historically bad, then having the two overall #1s taken from you, then going out and being exposed night after night.

It's like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football but there are always different mistakes and inadequecies popping all the time...There's no one to fix it either.  They have an owner who thinks the tank is one of the best things the Sabres have ever done...

First, yes, I was gone permanently.  I had freaking had it with this board.  I notified some members via twitter that I was done. Some reasons are below.

But I had a long conversation with Scott today.  He convinced me to return for a bit.  There are reasons why I decided to leave and SOME but NOT ALL of them are below.

1.  Shitting on SDS,  spndnchz, and/or freeman.  Please understand that these people are not making money off of this.  They are trying hard, as volunteers, to provide us with something fun.  There is no justification for conspiracy theories as to why a thread is deleted or locked.  There is no justification for conspiracy theories as to why someone was suspended or banned.  They take difficult decisions and they do them with diligence and in concert.  For example, the politics thread was closed by freeman, but only after one of the other two raised the issue of whether it was good for the board.  Yes, I want it reopened, but it's not like freeman decided this on his own.  If you have a problem with a decision that a moderator makes, how about message the mod and WAIT (yes they have real jobs) for an answer before making accusations?  Shrader deleted his own thread, BTW, and he told me so.

1A.  Scott owes us nothing.  REALIZE THAT.  We don't pay him for this.  It's not a restaurant or a bar.  It's a forum that he keeps up just so we can have fun.  If you can't REALIZE THAT, I don't want to be part of the same forum as you.  Period.  He's not against you; he wants his forum to grow so even more people have fun.

Some of you might remember the Eichel thread I created.  Scott said, hey, I hope this doesn't turn into a megathread. He wants to curate his board to get new members, not to shut me down.  So I killed it and started an Eichel scrapbook thread.  Again, he came in and warned that it might get into megathread direction if I didn't explain that it was for highlights.  Ultimately, it was assigned to another poster.  

He doesn't take this stuff lightly.  He wants new Sabres fans and new members to see active topics.  He wants active threads.  His view is that megathreads discourage new participants.  I do not necessarily agree, but it's his board and it doesn't really disable me to go along with that, does it?

2.  Trolling.  You know who you are.  I hope you stop it.  I wish that the "block" function worked here as it does on twitter, where I can't even see the troll nonsense, but it doesn't.  Someone quotes a troll, I have to see it even if I have the troll blocked.  If the trolling continues--and I mean people who think they need to say controversial stuff to be the "king of the sandbox," I've no need to remain.

3.  The team sucks.  You all have nothing to do with this. You might have called for a good coach to be fired, but you certainly didn't cause it.  But let's face it, they're on our third bad one, and it's difficult to even watch this team.  I shut it down last night after the first period.  It was all I needed to see.

4.  I really don't like that the politics thread was closed at all.  Never mind whether you find the circumstances to be curious.  When something like Paladino today happens, I want to discuss it with intelligent people, not Two Bills Drive people.  I did articulate this to Scott.  Whether he decides to reopen the thread is up to him and not me.

5.  We have lost a LOT of really good posters in the last two years, as this very thread is our witness.  I miss them and the board is not the same without them.  That's not to say that many of you are not really good posters, and it certainly is not to say that some of the new blood isn't great.  It is.  But I really do miss some of the classics.  I've been here since 2005.

6. I am trying to cut back on social media in general, but I do recognize that I have a lot of "friends," whether I've met you in real life or not, here.  And a lot of you I have.  And I appreciate all of you.  

I try to avoid what I call "meta-drama" threads.  I returned and  posted here because Scott persuaded me to.  He wasn't exactly insistent, either.  He mostly listened.  

But in the end, I really like most of you, and I'll miss you too much if I stay away.  So I'll try again.  But please, let's not all be ######.

And NS:  I will make a Christmas poem for you.

Edited by Eleven

I'm glad the ignore feature was brought up. I'm a big proponent of it. 99% of the drama goes away here if people would just use it. You don't really need it, of course, in the first place, because nothing is stopping you from ignoring certain posters. We humans know how to skim and scroll. There's even less of an excuse for reading content that is clearly marked: YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO BLOCK CONTENT FROM THIS POSTER. (Edit: when someone quotes someone you've blocked, you don't see that message. The fact it's quoted still makes it easy to ignore.)

Edited by PASabreFan

I'm glad the ignore feature was brought up. I'm a big proponent of it. 99% of the drama goes away here if people would just use it. You don't really need it, of course, in the first place, because nothing is stopping you from ignoring certain posters. We humans know how to skim and scroll. There's even less of an excuse for reading content that is clearly marked: YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO BLOCK CONTENT FROM THIS POSTER. (Edit: when someone quotes someone you've blocked, you don't see that message. The fact it's quoted still makes it easy to ignore.)

PA, you're the main reason I want this feature.  You troll too much.  And we both know you do it on purpose.  

Back when you used to do "this day in Sabres history," it was really neat.

I don't know if it's medical, or whatever, but I do know I've said it before.  You are one of the problems with this board.  You are not one of the solutions.

And just like that, I've let myself get into the freaking meta nonsense on this board.

I probably just should have stayed away.

I'll give NS his Christmas.  We'll see about after.

I've lost a lot of interest in this place over the last few days. But I gotta say, the rest of you really need to spend some time on other forums because the issues being thrown around here are beyond petty. The drama addressing such petty issues is creating more problems than the problems themselves. It's just silly, really.

And yes, the Sabres are quickly becoming a major embarrassment which doesn't help the situation one bit.

I think this place needs to go offline for two or three days. And then mass email everyone back.

So much of this drama from all sides is beyond petty and childish. Taking two steps back before coming back would be a great idea for all.

Yeah, I should have taken two.  I only took one.  I'll be back at some point.  A longer break would have been the smarter move.

Goodnight.

Edited by Santa Claus

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.