Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Favorite scary movie! Go!

Halloween for me! Love slasher films. ###### love 'em! Hate the supernatural! Halloween, Nightmare, Friday, Scream = yes!

The Ring, The Grudge = ###### off!

The Thing, Alien... Hellraiser... the scene in Pan's Labyrinth with the pale man... god what a great monster. 

god I love those old school gory as heck vaseline and fake blood special effects. It's just so awesome. I remember a doc i saw some time ago about a company that does SFX from the original Day of the Dead movies up to animatronics in current flicks- made me want to reconsider my career. Check out this company- the masks really form to the face and look creepy as hell. I follow one of their sculptors on instagram and it's always disgusting and awesome. http://www.immortalmasks.com/index.php

As far as Halloweeny flicks go, my old standbys are Addams Family, Young Frankenstein, Beetlejuice. (and practical magic don't kill me it's my guiltiest pleasure). Never was a big Hocus Pocus fan. Oop.. shouldn't have said that... I hear the pitchforks coming for me... 

buut it's November now so... now what 

The Thing, Alien... Hellraiser... the scene in Pan's Labyrinth with the pale man... god what a great monster. 

god I love those old school gory as heck vaseline and fake blood special effects. It's just so awesome. I remember a doc i saw some time ago about a company that does SFX from the original Day of the Dead movies up to animatronics in current flicks- made me want to reconsider my career. Check out this company- the masks really form to the face and look creepy as hell. I follow one of their sculptors on instagram and it's always disgusting and awesome. http://www.immortalmasks.com/index.php

As far as Halloweeny flicks go, my old standbys are Addams Family, Young Frankenstein, Beetlejuice. (and practical magic don't kill me it's my guiltiest pleasure). Never was a big Hocus Pocus fan. Oop.. shouldn't have said that... I hear the pitchforks coming for me... 

buut it's November now so... now what 

Planes, Trains and Automobiles.  Always watch that movie around Thanksgiving.  Steve Martin and John Candy nailed it.  Just mentioning it makes me want to put it on tonight. 

• 2 weeks later...

Me too and me too.

###### Daddy's Home 2. ###### Mel Gibson. ###### Hacksaw Ridge. ###### Mel Gibson. ###### you, hollywood.

I think Daddy's Home 2 is going to be good. John Lithgow and Will Ferrell in the same movie. Even if it's a turd I'm going to give it a shot. Too much potential for hilarity.

Me too and me too.

###### Daddy's Home 2. ###### Mel Gibson. ###### Hacksaw Ridge. ###### Mel Gibson. ###### you, hollywood.

With you on this. I refuse to give my money to a film featuring pieces of sh!t like Gibson in light of all the scandals finally coming forward. I don't dig that kind of humor anyways. 

Saw Thor: Ragnarok yesterday. You know what? It was really fun. Silly, not the greatest plot in the world, had some dumb moments, sure, but I haven't enjoyed a superhero flick that much since the first Avengers. Plus, hey, Hemsworth. Catsuited Cate Blanchett visibly having fun as a villain. Even Hiddleston looked pretty good in this, and I'm far from one of the legions of adoring Loki fangirls. Goldblum got a little too... Goldblum sometimes, but it worked. 

I haven't liked a Will Ferrell movie since his cameo in Wedding Crashers. 

He's been in so many movies I love. Not sure on the years, but Stepbrothers was awesome and I think that came after wedding crashers. He was great in Stranger than Fiction despite not being overtly comical and I also loved him in Everything Must Go which wasn't particularly funny either. The Campaign was also great, plus all those other comedy movies he's been in that are the main ones people remember (Anchorman, Semi-pro, Talladega Nights, The House, Get Hard, etc.).

Throw in John Lithgow and it's even better. I think I've liked virtually everything I've ever seen him in (Harry and the Henderson, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Dexter, Trial and Error). I'm sure there are others, but those stick out to me off the top of my head.

He's been terrible since Anchorman 1. Really hit his Adam Sandler stride

Lies! Stepbrothers was better than Anchorman and I just looked it up and it was 4 years later. Plus all the other movies I listed in the other post I made. I forgot to include his character as Ashley Shaffer in Eastbound & Down. Ferrell is awesome.

Lies! Stepbrothers was better than Anchorman and I just looked it up and it was 4 years later. Plus all the other movies I listed in the other post I made. I forgot to include his character as Ashley Shaffer in Eastbound & Down. Ferrell is awesome.

Oh god.. Stepbrothers... my then bf made me sit through that with some of his family at his aunt's house. I didn't laugh. I wanted to die. Halfway through his aunt goes "Jo why aren't you laughing? This is like the best movie ever made" I said I just wasn't a fan of Reilly or Ferrell. Then i felt horrible because she took it as a personal affront. For the rest of that godawful torture session I forced myself to laugh or smile since she was watching me like a hawk. For Christmas that year, she gave us Stepbrothers. It was like I was starring in my own crappy short... 

I've only liked one Will Ferrell movie, and it was Blades of Glory. Supremely stupid, but kinda fun. And yes, I've watched at least part of most of them. Except Elf. I've never seen Elf. 

Different strokes for different folks haha 

Oh god.. Stepbrothers... my then bf made me sit through that with some of his family at his aunt's house. I didn't laugh. I wanted to die. Halfway through his aunt goes "Jo why aren't you laughing? This is like the best movie ever made" I said I just wasn't a fan of Reilly or Ferrell. Then i felt horrible because she took it as a personal affront. For the rest of that godawful torture session I forced myself to laugh or smile since she was watching me like a hawk. For Christmas that year, she gave us Stepbrothers. It was like I was starring in my own crappy short...

I've only liked one Will Ferrell movie, and it was Blades of Glory. Supremely stupid, but kinda fun. And yes, I've watched at least part of most of them. Except Elf. I've never seen Elf.

He's definitely an acquired taste in the same vein of Bruce Campbell and Danny McBride.

If you ever get the chance check out Stranger than fiction with Him and Maggie Gyllenhal (sp?).

Every chick I've ever dated that said they hated all of Will Farrell's movies seems to make an exception for that one after I watched it with them. It's not overtly funny but it's good.

Man, that movie. Talk about the definition of a 5/10

Blades of Glory had it's moments; didn't like the overall movie but he was at least good in it. Elf is amazing. Stepbrothers is just so overrated. Between that and whatever the hell Andy Sandberg does

Ferrel was good in Old School, gotta give him that

The bold is just hilarious

The bold is just hilarious

She genuinely was being nice- I must've acted well, because she whole heartedly felt we both enjoyed it and it would remind us of a good time with family. The bf and I had a good laugh about it later. 

As much as I hated that flick, it does have a couple good quotes/gifs "so much room for activities!" and "did we just become best friends?"

:w00t:

With you on this. I refuse to give my money to a film featuring pieces of sh!t like Gibson in light of all the scandals finally coming forward. I don't dig that kind of humor anyways. 

Saw Thor: Ragnarok yesterday. You know what? It was really fun. Silly, not the greatest plot in the world, had some dumb moments, sure, but I haven't enjoyed a superhero flick that much since the first Avengers. Plus, hey, Hemsworth. Catsuited Cate Blanchett visibly having fun as a villain. Even Hiddleston looked pretty good in this, and I'm far from one of the legions of adoring Loki fangirls. Goldblum got a little too... Goldblum sometimes, but it worked. 

You had me at cat suited Cate Blanchett.

The concept of Will Ferrell.

Always funnier than the real thing to me.

Also not a fan.