Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

I have no idea how I didn't catch that as a Mad Max homage. 

And yet I had a full conversation with you about it when my friend first pointed it out haha 

I'm actually half-watching Fury Road right now as I work. Yep. Same general musical theme. 

I've been interested in it since learning about the physics and math done in the animation, but I didn't get around to it when I had netflix. Boo!

https://phys.org/news/2017-01-mathematicians-ocean-life-disney-moana.html

I love this stuff. 

They engineered an entirely new system for Merida's hair in Brave, which they use and update still (Moana/Maui/etc's hair is updated from it). Frozen was cause to create an entire engine for snow/wind, which they renamed and used in Moana as well for sand and water. 

It's just so incredible. I know a few people who work for Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks/Blizzard and the dev work that goes into creating those engines is absolutely mind blowing. When you think about the fact that some of those effects took years to build and create, you can drive yourself mad wondering what they're working on now that we won't see for a few more years... 

I love hand animation, but the 3D stuff is inspiring too. And now they combine the two frequently! 

Speaking of hand animation, I know this isn't the video game thread, but check out Cuphead. One of my friends was a designer on it. Effing incredible stuff. 

What are y'alls favorite song from Frozen? I feel like this question is a personality test.

I've never seen it.  :ph34r:

I can top bio, I think. I don't even know what it is or is about.

---

House of Cards is so good. I'm at the point where Frank and Claire steal the election from Conway. Maybe I'm projecting my feelings about Cinnamon Hitler onto Underwood, but, man, my blood boils at those two. Almost to the point of not feeling like I can watch anymore. It has a physical effect on me. How's that for good acting?

Baby Driver is awfully written, the entire second half is lazily shot, and most of all, Ansel Elgort cannot hold a single pixel of the screen.

No. Presence. What. So. Ever.

Jamie Foxx, Lily James, and Jon Hamm are attempting to breathe life into this film, but there's only so much you can do.

And the use of the music is on the whole really uninspired.