Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

On 1/31/2021 at 2:03 PM, JujuFish said:

A big Scarlet Witch event was happening back when I used to read comics, and I figure this is their take on it. House of M. The main difference I'm expecting is the opposite ending (is there a spoiler tag here? I'd be more specific but I don't want to potentially spoil anyone.)

yeah.. this leads straight into the next Dr. Strange movie... I think they could still achieve House of M if you put it into the multi-verse..

On 1/30/2021 at 12:29 AM, inkman said:

I am half way through season 3 of dark.  A couple episodes in I had to switch to the German version with English subs.  The English dubbing was atrocious.  Show is amazing.  Such a mind trip.  

I watched all 3 seasons over the summer in subtitles.  Awesome awesome show.  

Always watch the foreign stuff with subtitles.  I can't explain it.  It loses something with English dubbing.  

You can't understand them and you're reading the translation, but the authenticity of the acting is there and you can tell.  

Or something.....

5 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

I watched all 3 seasons over the summer in subtitles.  Awesome awesome show.  

Always watch the foreign stuff with subtitles.  I can't explain it.  It loses something with English dubbing.  

You can't understand them and you're reading the translation, but the authenticity of the acting is there and you can tell.  

Or something.....

Couldn’t agree more.  I was offended that Netflix first offered it with English over dubs. What kind of mouth breathers do they think are going to watch a German show with this kind of subject matter.  

I want to consume the art in its original form.  I want to feel what the writers, actors and directors are conveying.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

Not sure if it was mentioned here but season 2 episode 2 of Snowpiercer has a character born in Buffalo who's being interrogated.  Just so happens they conjured up some "Buffalo wings" to help jog his memory.

I watched snowpiercer. I completely missed that part. In fact I don’t even remember that part. Do you remember the characters name, or the circumstances surrounding that situation. I just don’t remember that at all.

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I watched snowpiercer. I completely missed that part. In fact I don’t even remember that part. Do you remember the characters name, or the circumstances surrounding that situation. I just don’t remember that at all.

Maybe you're thinking of the movie of the same title or the first season? I believe the episode has only been out for a couple of days, I DVR'd it.  I think the character's name is Kevin Mcmahon (?).  He was bribed with some chicken wings to spill the beans.  He folded like a cheap suit.  

8 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Maybe you're thinking of the movie of the same title or the first season? I believe the episode has only been out for a couple of days, I DVR'd it.  I think the character's name is Kevin Mcmahon (?).  He was bribed with some chicken wings to spill the beans.  He folded like a cheap suit.  

Ah ok yea the first season I must be thinking of. Thanks! Didn’t realize it was back on… So I’ll keep an eye out for it. 

• 1 month later...

What is the one movie you loved or enjoyed that most others disliked or hated?  Mine is The  Postman with Kevin Costner.  This is one of my favorite movies!  Many did not like it....

Edited by GoPre

3 hours ago, GoPre said:

What is the one movie you loved or enjoyed that most others disliked or hated?  Mine is The  Postman with Kevin Costner.  This is one of my favorite movies!  Many did not like it....

Star Wars episode VIII. It is a great movie and is in fact the 2nd best star wars film to date. Any opinion that says differently is wrong and I have long since stopped arguing with anyone about it.

19 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Star Wars episode VIII. It is a great movie and is in fact the 2nd best star wars film to date. Any opinion that says differently is wrong and I have long since stopped arguing with anyone about it.

Heh, as someone with their own controversial Star Wars opinion (that the whole franchise is overrated and Empire Strikes Back is the worst of the original trilogy), I like this.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I've got 2 pretty good HBO shows to recommend:

1.  "Gomorrah" -- Italian-language mafia show set in Naples.  Not as good or as funny as the Sopranos, but still a good crime show.  Solid B-plus.

2.  "The Knick" -- Hospital show set in 1900 in NYC.  20 episodes, all directed by Stephen Soderbergh.  I'm about halfway through season 1.  Very good so far -- borderline B-plus/A-minus.

• 4 weeks later...

4 years ago I watched The Justice League and thought, "welp, that sucked."

Yesterday I watched Zach Snyder's Justice League and thought, "wow, this is so much more boring and awful than the first time."

Hey, let's take a ***** movie and make it 2 hours longer and make all these superheroes a bunch of sad boys. Throw in some hipster music everytime Tattoo Thor is on screen. Yeah, that's the ticket. I tapped out with 55 minutes to go.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ubkev said:

4 years ago I watched The Justice League and thought, "welp, that sucked."

Yesterday I watched Zach Snyder's Justice League and thought, "wow, this is so much more boring and awful than the first time."

Hey, let's take a ***** movie and make it 2 hours longer and make all these superheroes a bunch of sad boys. Throw in some hipster music everytime Tattoo Thor is on screen. Yeah, that's the ticket. I tapped out with 55 minutes to go.

Oh, and Allison Crowe's version of Hallelujah... Jesus Christ, holy ***** *****, I got it! You enjoy whaling. ***** me, that was obnoxious.