Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Flynn > Grant.

Or nah?

Flynn is a role player on a good team.  He has his place, his role on the team, and he fulfills it.  Grant was an AHL callup who held his own while he was here, but had trouble keeping that high level of play up.  I like having him down on the farm and he's a decent depth guy to go to.

Flynn is a role player on a good team.  He has his place, his role on the team, and he fulfills it.  Grant was an AHL callup who held his own while he was here, but had trouble keeping that high level of play up.  I like having him down on the farm and he's a decent depth guy to go to.

Agree. Grant >>Ellis

Another indication of how far we've come!

43-year-old firefighter plays as emergency goalie for ECHL Utah Grizzlies.  He dressed as an emergency goalie and when the starter had to leave to get stitches with 10:35 left in the game, Jay Stevens came into the game, stopping all 7 shots he faced including two power plays to protect a 3-2 Grizzlies lead in their win over Rapid City (SD).

Millers checked out. He's done. Kaput. Finito. This is the end. A punchline. Washed up. out to pasture. Wears granny panties. 

Its kind of funny that he didn't want to go through a rebuild ( i don't blame him ) but now he plays for a team that can't decide if they want to rebuild or go for it. Caught between a rock and a hard place.

I'd still want him back, not to replace Lehner, but as a solid back up.

43-year-old firefighter plays as emergency goalie for ECHL Utah Grizzlies. He dressed as an emergency goalie and when the starter had to leave to get stitches with 10:35 left in the game, Jay Stevens came into the game, stopping all 7 shots he faced including two power plays to protect a 3-2 Grizzlies lead in their win over Rapid City (SD).

Nice!

In interviews with Chad Johnson and Linus Ullmark, you always here them give credit to the rest of the team for success, or accept personal responsibility for a loss.  It's almost like that's "the code."  The WTF wave goes against the code.  While the game is still on, Miller basically impugns the performance of the rest of the team.

Yes he did that from his knees 2 or 3 times last night and I think that sucks the life out of his teams.

He did something else from his knees 2 or 3 times last night that I think involved sucking.

Edited by ubkev

Dale Tallon back on board as GM of the Panthers. Apparently there will be some personnel changes after the holiday freeze. Maybe Vinny realized how bad he ###### up and now he needs Tallon to correct the mistakes. That game last night was painful to watch. 4 new defensemen this year and none of them have any clue what they coach wants out of them. Every goal scored on Lou were odd-man rushes. 

Dale Tallon is resuming control of management duties and Hockey Ops in Florida. Panthers need to get back on track and stabilize things.

There won't be an overhaul in Florida, but Tallon will likely want to make some changes and add pieces after the holiday roster freeze.

Darren Dreger Retweeted Jonathan Willis

Bad firing. However, Tom Rowe deserves some time to figure things out. Players need one management voice.

Darren Dreger Retweeted Harvey Fialkov

Right. I'm talking day to day management and player personnel decisions. His challenge is to fix things.

Many reminding Tallon is the pres of hockey ops, but anyone in the know understands his role had been diminished in Florida...until now...

...he will now actively manage day to day which is a great move by the Panthers. Players need the stability and trust Tallon.

Not saying Tallon will disregard analytic move in FLA, but expect moves made to better team D and make them tougher to play against.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

43-year-old firefighter plays as emergency goalie for ECHL Utah Grizzlies. He dressed as an emergency goalie and when the starter had to leave to get stitches with 10:35 left in the game, Jay Stevens came into the game, stopping all 7 shots he faced including two power plays to protect a 3-2 Grizzlies lead in their win over Rapid City (SD).

thats pretty cool

Dale Tallon back on board as GM of the Panthers. Apparently there will be some personnel changes after the holiday freeze. Maybe Vinny realized how bad he ###### up and now he needs Tallon to correct the mistakes. That game last night was painful to watch. 4 new defensemen this year and none of them have any clue what they coach wants out of them. Every goal scored on Lou were odd-man rushes. 

Dale Tallon is resuming control of management duties and Hockey Ops in Florida. Panthers need to get back on track and stabilize things.

There won't be an overhaul in Florida, but Tallon will likely want to make some changes and add pieces after the holiday roster freeze.

Darren Dreger Retweeted Jonathan Willis

Bad firing. However, Tom Rowe deserves some time to figure things out. Players need one management voice.

Darren Dreger Retweeted Harvey Fialkov

Right. I'm talking day to day management and player personnel decisions. His challenge is to fix things.

Many reminding Tallon is the pres of hockey ops, but anyone in the know understands his role had been diminished in Florida...until now...

...he will now actively manage day to day which is a great move by the Panthers. Players need the stability and trust Tallon.

Not saying Tallon will disregard analytic move in FLA, but expect moves made to better team D and make them tougher to play against.

Or not................

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/panthers-owner-tallon-always-final-say-hockey-decisions/

43-year-old firefighter plays as emergency goalie for ECHL Utah Grizzlies.  He dressed as an emergency goalie and when the starter had to leave to get stitches with 10:35 left in the game, Jay Stevens came into the game, stopping all 7 shots he faced including two power plays to protect a 3-2 Grizzlies lead in their win over Rapid City (SD).

I'd still want him back, not to replace Lehner, but as a solid back up.

I love that these posts are consecutive, even if they're not talking about the same player.

Should be a 10 game suspension at least. Might be 3-5

Would you say that if it was Girardi or McDonagh?

Can't imagine a defenceman ever putting himself into that vulnerable a position.

He had to have seen him coming.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.