KeyBank Arena Experience and Social Marketing

LGR4GM

Apparently the Buffalo Sabres teamed up with Eaton to upgrade the lights.

"The Buffalo Sabres have collaborated with power management company Eaton to upgrade KeyBank Center's lighting display with Eaton's advanced Ephesus LED sports lighting and controls system. The LED system greatly enhances the spectator viewing experience with industry-leading controls functions that also reduce energy use by as much as 75 percent. "

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-eaton-team-up-to-ehance-fan-experience/c-282012982

Since I hear constant chatter about the arena experience, will this help. I think it is cool but until the team gets better, it will be a morgue still at the KBC

If no one cares about this or there was a pre-existing thread merge or just let it drop down the board.

Edited by LGR4GM

100% dimming could be useful.

By the way, is sardonically calling the arena "KFC" going to be a thing? (nee F'NC)

Not sure where the F is coming from.

Was lighting a problem?

I never really noticed it being one. But I'll be interested to see the difference.

Thanks for caring, Mrs. Pegula.

Apparently the Buffalo Sabres teamed up with Eaton to upgrade the lights.

"The Buffalo Sabres have collaborated with power management company Eaton to upgrade KeyBank Center's lighting display with Eaton's advanced Ephesus LED sports lighting and controls system. The LED system greatly enhances the spectator viewing experience with industry-leading controls functions that also reduce energy use by as much as 75 percent. "

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-eaton-team-up-to-ehance-fan-experience/c-282012982

Since I hear constant chatter about the arena experience, will this help. I think it is cool but until the team gets better, it will be a morgue still at the KBC

If no one cares about this or there was a pre-existing thread merge or just let it drop down the board.

KBC.  Kentucky Boiled Chicken.  Ugh.

Was lighting a problem?

Absolutely.   I frequent Ducks and Kings game out here, and attended a Sabres game in Buffalo last season.    First thing I noticed was how much darker it was in the FNC than the Honda Center, and especially Staples.     That said, Staples is notoriously bright.   I played at Staples last season and it felt like being on a stage with someone following you around with a spotlight (I understand now why Kopitar wears a tinted shield). 

Absolutely.   I frequent Ducks and Kings game out here, and attended a Sabres game in Buffalo last season.    First thing I noticed was how much darker it was in the FNC than the Honda Center, and especially Staples.     That said, Staples is notoriously bright.   I played at Staples last season and it felt like being on a stage with someone following you around with a spotlight (I understand now why Kopitar wears a tinted shield). 

Good stuff - thanks.

Was lighting a problem?

I've long felt our playing surface appeared darker than other arenas when watching on TV. Not sure how it will impact my live viewing experience, but I'm looking forward to it. 

Liger's right though; it's all window dressing and style over substance until they ice a winning team. 

Which will be this year!

I've long felt our playing surface appeared darker than other arenas when watching on TV. Not sure how it will impact my live viewing experience, but I'm looking forward to it. 

This. I've thought it for a long time. With jersey switching it may actually be the best way to tell if we're at home.

I went to a game at the old Cap Center in the mid 80s and the crowd was in the pitch black except for lighted aisles and exits and it was fantastic. To be clear, the ice was lit.

This is how they do basketball at Barclay's. It's like going to the theatre. I enjoy the atmosphere. It's not totally pitch black, but it's dim for sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.