KeyBank Arena Experience and Social Marketing

LGR4GM

Eleven might attest to this, although I doubt he was in DC way back then. The people were not into the game. It was modestly attended and very quiet.

Actually it was quite loud with Sabres fans and they would combat it with 3 mikes hanging over the small hard core caps fans behind the benches hooked into the PA system to try and drown Sabres fans yelling lets go Buff-a-lo... At least once we overpowered the PA system... The whole upper bowl of the Cap Center was Blue and Gold... Lot of fun in the early 90s

I hope the lighting does change some of the feel especially for those of us who are watching from home. I like that it is energy saving as well. Big fan of the green energy stuff.

Maybe this will address my complaint about the unis looking almost black on tv. I'd be all for the current navy color if it brightens up in this way. Provided they get rid of all the grey. 

Chet here. I'm curious about the lounge. I think that is the room that is above my section and has always been a private room. But it's not big enough to cater to the public. I see ex players hanging out there occasionally.

I am watching this game in HD tonight, which I don't get to do often, so to me the arena looks beautiful right now. Can anyone who always uses HD tell the difference?

Well my first thought is the ice is whiter and sadly the blue on the uni's still suck like black.

I don't think there's a lounge.

Why you gotta fluck with me old man? :flirt:  Chet.

"KeyBank Club and will include the KeyBank Lounge located near the Harbour Club. The Lounge offers a space for KeyBank Club ticket holders to relax, socialize and enjoy food and beverage items."

http://isportconnect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35868:buffalo-sabres-home-renamed-keybank-center&catid=7:sports-sponsors&Itemid=17

http://www.wgr550.com/KeyBank-Center-Unveiled/22881132

Well my first thought is the ice is whiter and sadly the blue on the uni's still suck like black.

Why you gotta fluck with me old man? :flirt:  Chet.

"KeyBank Club and will include the KeyBank Lounge located near the Harbour Club. The Lounge offers a space for KeyBank Club ticket holders to relax, socialize and enjoy food and beverage items."

http://isportconnect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35868:buffalo-sabres-home-renamed-keybank-center&catid=7:sports-sponsors&Itemid=17

http://www.wgr550.com/KeyBank-Center-Unveiled/22881132

Ah, it's new.  

I'll sneak in, check it out, and let you know what you're not missing.  Which is a bunch of businesspeople networking and not watching hockey, I'd bet.

Ah, it's new.  

I'll sneak in, check it out, and let you know what you're not missing.  Which is a bunch of businesspeople networking and not watching hockey, I'd bet.

So Toronto? Eww. I will expect there to be some prime boot viewing in there. If it is where I think it is above my section they did take the windows out of that room years ago so it's all open if that's it. But I have no idea why I would be there instead of my seat during the game. You may very well be right. The same people who sit at the tables in the dining area that don't give a about the game but want to talk about carpeting or something. It's those that give us good Chet's a bad rap.

So Toronto? Eww. I will expect there to be some prime boot viewing in there. If it is where I think it is above my section they did take the windows out of that room years ago so it's all open if that's it. But I have no idea why I would be there instead of my seat during the game. You may very well be right. The same people who sit at the tables in the dining area that don't give a ###### about the game but want to talk about carpeting or something. It's those that give us good Chet's a bad rap.

My dad regularly sits there since that's where his company wants him to take guests.  I assure you, he wants to watch the game.

Same with me when I'm stuck in the suite.  Dammit, I want to watch the game, but nope, not what I'm doing that night.  

It's hard work, in those areas, if you're the person with the tickets. 

The Cap Center was a terrible arena. And there was no upper bowl -- just one huge bowl that wen up forever -- which was a big part of the problem.

Well, the MCI Center wasn't/isn't, so tell me what the problem was when that team was going to the Finals in 1998.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.