What Are You Most Looking Forward To This Season?

WildCard

With the WC here and training camp around the corner, I'd like to get some optimism going here. So, simple title, simple thread. Have at it!

Myself? Besides being in the hunt, I'm looking forward to Ristolainen's development. This is the year he should take a huge step

That and Jack potting 40

I don't have much new to add here.  In order:

1.  Eichel and Reino as sophomores

2.  Okposo and Ennis as new scorers on the wings

3.  Kane with a major chip on his shoulder

4.  Risto with a better partner in Kulikov and another year's experience

5.  McCabe as a sophomore

6.  Bogo with a healthy camp and start to the year

7.  Lehner with a healthy start to the year

8.  Zemgus with a chip on his shoulder in a contract year and in his 2nd year with a real NHL coach

9.  One of the kids -- likely Nelson, Bailey, Fasching or Nylander -- seizing a spot in the lineup

Holy sh1t balls. I know it.

What's become of the young turks?

You're getting old and can't keep up the passion :p

I'm just happy we're going to be yelling about why we're not better (if we're not better enough for the playoffs) rather than whether we should even be trying to win. Bring on the fights! I want at least three bodies flung down stairs at the Sabrespace meetup!

Holy sh1t balls. I know it.

What's become of the young turks?

What are young turks?

You're getting old and can't keep up the passion :p

I'm just happy we're going to be yelling about why we're not better (if we're not better enough for the playoffs) rather than whether we should even be trying to win. Bring on the fights! I want at least three bodies flung down stairs at the Sabrespace meetup!

As one of the youngest and the smallest, I do not want this :lol:

Seeing Jack Eichel hopefully grow into our superstar is #1 - becoming a playoff team would be fantastic but anything other than Eichel IMO is just trying to think of something different to say.  The greatest thing is there's so many other things to be excited about or at least that spark anticipation. 

One of the things I'm looking forward to is how Bylsma performs.  Whether he's the right leader for this team on the rise - is something that should start to show this year.  Last year he had major injuries to deal with, young players where expectations weren't defined,  line mates had to be maneuvered due to not knowing who should play with each other.  This year I believe he should know who to pair with each other and his style of how he wants this team to play should be easier to understand.  I'm looking forward to him being the right guy to move these young talented players forward.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.