Bold predictions for the coming season

dudacek

Hockey is coming!

A few predictions that go against the grain:

1) Carey Price fools everyone into thinking Montreal is a good team. Habs make the playoffs and challenge for the division

2) Connor McDavid wins the scoring title. Oilers make the playoffs.

3) Penguins look like an ordinary bubble team.

4) Evander Kane has a career year.

5) Ben Bishop loses his job to Vasilevsky, is traded and flounders with his new team.

What are some of your surprise predictions for this year?

Hockey is coming!

A few predictions that go against the grain:

1) Carey Price fools everyone into thinking Montreal is a good team. Habs make the playoffs and challenge for the division

2) Connor McDavid wins the scoring title. Oilers make the playoffs.

3) Penguins look like an ordinary bubble team.

4) Evander Kane has a career year.

5) Ben Bishop loses his job to Vasilevsky, is traded and flounders with his new team.

What are some of your surprise predictions for this year?

I'm on board with 1, 2 and 3.    

I see Kane going into a tailspin, missing meetings, late for practice, suspended by the team, eventually dealt for peanuts.

Bishop is a top-5 goalie in the league, he'll flourish wherever he ends up, which I predict is Dallas... maybe not until the dealine tho.

My bold predictions (it has to be in bold right?)...

McDavid leads the league in scoring desipte missing +15 games to injury.

Shea Weber has a career year in MTL, Subban struggles in NSH.

The Sedin twins retire before the end of the season as VAN lands in 30th place.

Jimmy Vesey buys a season ticket behind the NYR bench for his Dad so he can record Jimmy's ice time with a stopwatch, banging on the glass and showing the watch to Alain Vigneault every 10 minutes (I had a parent do this to me when I coached with the Jr Kings).

McDavid has freak injury, missing 20+ games, and everyone says he's injury prone the rest of his career, ignoring the fact that he never misses more than 10 games again until he retires. 

Evander Kane goes into a tailspin, missing meetings, late for practice, suspended by the team, is eventually dealt for peanuts. Pi is absolutely insufferable.

Nylander makes the team out of camp, is top 5 in scoring for the Sabres.

Lehner proves himself to be, if not a star, then a clear number one goalie in the NHL.

Edited by sabills

I'm on board with 1, 2 and 3.    

I see Kane going into a tailspin, missing meetings, late for practice, suspended by the team, eventually dealt for peanuts.

Bishop is a top-5 goalie in the league, he'll flourish wherever he ends up, which I predict is Dallas... maybe not until the dealine tho.

My bold predictions (it has to be in bold right?)...

McDavid leads the league in scoring desipte missing +15 games to injury.

Shea Weber has a career year in MTL, Subban struggles in NSH.

The Sedin twins retire before the end of the season as VAN lands in 30th place.

Jimmy Vesey buys a season ticket behind the NYR bench for his Dad so he can record Jimmy's ice time with a stopwatch, banging on the glass and showing the watch to Alain Vigneault every 10 minutes (I had a parent do this to me when I coached with the Jr Kings).

:w00t: Ok that last point made me laugh.

McDavid has freak injury, missing 20+ games, and everyone says he's injury prone the rest of his career, ignoring the fact that he never misses more than 10 games again until he retires. 

Evander Kane goes into a tailspin, missing meetings, late for practice, suspended by the team, is eventually dealt for peanuts. Pi is absolutely insufferable.

Nylander makes the team out of camp, is top 5 in scoring for the Sabres.

Lehner proves himself to be, if not a star, then a clear number one goalie in the NHL.

I like this bold prediction.  Obviously very unlikely he even makes the team but this isn't completely unrealistic.

Sabres make the playoffs, parlayed into making the championship game, parlayed into making the stanley cup, parlayed into winning the stanley cup

I am going to Vegas in Oct I am making this bet at seasons beginning

This is my retirement plan

Edited by ddaryl

Predictions:

- Sabres finish 3rd in Division and beat Tampa/Florida in the 1st Round

- Matthews starts off the season mediocre and half the Leaf fanbase turns on the kid (Think Eichel's start just a bit less)

- McDavid is out 25 games but finishes with 80 to 90 pts (Edmonton misses playoffs though due to his missed games)

- Risto has a strong showing in the World Cup, signs, and looks like a younger Victor Hedman this year.

- Reinhart beats Eichel in points primarily due to assists.

- Montreal starts well but tailspins by the midway mark costing Therrian his job

- Boston & Detroit look and play bad all year (Larkin has a sophomore slump due to the greater attention placed on him by other teams)

Predictions:

- Sabres finish 3rd in Division and beat Tampa/Florida in the 1st Round

- Matthews starts off the season mediocre and half the Leaf fanbase turns on the kid (Think Eichel's start just a bit less)

- McDavid is out 25 games but finishes with 80 to 90 pts (Edmonton misses playoffs though due to his missed games)

- Risto has a strong showing in the World Cup, signs, and looks like a younger Victor Hedman this year.

- Reinhart beats Eichel in points primarily due to assists.

- Montreal starts well but tailspins by the midway mark costing Therrian his job

- Boston & Detroit look and play bad all year (Larkin has a sophomore slump due to the greater attention placed on him by other teams)

The underlined is a ~122 point pace, that's nuts. The perfect thread for that kind of prediction, though!

... Jimmy Vesey buys a season ticket behind the NYR bench for his Dad so he can record Jimmy's ice time with a stopwatch, banging on the glass and showing the watch to Alain Vigneault every 10 minutes (I had a parent do this to me when I coached with the Jr Kings).

This is pure comedy gold! Seriously funny stuff here, pi. 

GO SABRES!!!

If you sum all of his on-ice displacement vectors from game 1 to 82, he just might do that.

I think his best strategy at that point would to remain still and hop up and down. That or bring a pick ax out with him. 

Then again, the way he uses that stick, he may as well use the ax

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.