Get off my lawn! (the over 50 thread)

Doohickie

Sheriff's cards and 18 year old to drink

I still have my Sherrif's Card.  I show it to people because I have really long hair in the picture.

The Carol Burnett Show.

My God, I think this is when America was great!

And what Trump wants to take us back to!!

Even as 8-year-olds, we said that.  We were convinced we were at Ground Zero since North Hill Elementary School was just a few blocks from Buffalo Airport.

You very well might have been. A friend of mine at the end of his tour of duty in Vietnam was asked to re-sign as a technician in a nuclear missile silo. He half hearty said... Sure, if you get me close to home. I live in Erie PA..... Thinking there was no way that would ever happen.

He was told.. We have openings in Pittsburgh and Buffalo.....He'd be working in one of the airports. He thought about it but never accepted.

last week I told the beatles were the worlds first boy band.   That really didn't go over to well with the 50 + people :P

I've made the argument before, but the more I think about it I'm not sure I agree. I'd say one of the primary requirements of a boy band is that each member has mostly equal standing in terms of singing, and Ringo blows that out of the water. The Beatles lack of dancing also works against them. I'd go with the Jackson 5 before the Beatles.

The lack of appreciation for musical talent, evolution, and innovation is staggering. Some of you would have me believe The Beatles were the blueprint for Menudo. There was no shortage of cookie cutter boy bands before and during the Beatles reign. You should look to those as examples. The Beatles were on an entirely different playing field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.