OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

Neo

It applies to normal people as well. A person at 5'8 has to have a faster turnover to maintain an 8 minute pace than a person at 6'3. And of course the person at 6'3 will need to keep the stride to the length needed to hit each mile in 8 minutes.

You miss my point. Maybe I'm just not clear enough. But, I get it.

Yeah no kidding. I was like wtf are you talking about, it's #2 vs #3 and #2 won. He finally corrected himself at the end by saying it technically wasn't an upset, but we all know the truth.

I was kinda pissed too. Found myself yelling at the TV like I was watching a Bills game.

I think this is her last year.

Ryan Locte is distinctly unlikeable.

As is everything else that comes out of Rochester.

(IM JUST KIDDING. I have Rochester friends. I poll well among Rochester people. In fact, look at my Rochester-New Yorker over here. Look at him. Are you the greatest?)

A Brazilian judge has ordered the seizure of Ryan Lochte's and James Feigen's passports:  http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ryan-lochte-robbery-questions-brazil-judge-orders-swimmer-to-stay-rio-olympics-2016/

Ok, what am I missing. Why the heck would they make it up? What do they realistically gain from making up a story like that? Are they really sh!tty enough people to want to cause a furor in a city already at its stressed capacity? 

I don't know. Feigen is Lochte's roomie- he's been active on the olympic subreddit, being quite candid about life at the Village. Seemed pretty professional. Haven't heard a thing since the robbery allegedly occurred. 

This is the weirdest scandal. 

Ok, what am I missing. Why the heck would they make it up? What do they realistically gain from making up a story like that? Are they really sh!tty enough people to want to cause a furor in a city already at its stressed capacity? 

I don't know. Feigen is Lochte's roomie- he's been active on the olympic subreddit, being quite candid about life at the Village. Seemed pretty professional. Haven't heard a thing since the robbery allegedly occurred. 

This is the weirdest scandal. 

Right?

And now they've arrested the head of the Irish OC.

Weird. Maybe there are locals (including judges) who are royally pissed off about how Rio was portrayed ahead of (and even during) the games. Maybe there's an ad hoc witch hunt aimed at showing that this criminal complaint was invented from whole cloth, and part of a larger, careless narrative that Rio is a dangerous, crime-ridden cesspool. 

I seriously cannot imagine how pissed I would be if shark week began the day before my big huge Olympic moment. It's something I always wonder about when I see female athletes/performers doing their thing. Good on her for mentioning something that 50% the world population deals with. 

Any thoughts on 2 US swimmers being detained in brazil after the supposed robbery incident? 

Wondering where's the key to Lochtegate.

Man, I dunno. Why would you make that sh!t up. And yet, upon more reading, it appears it may all be BS... Pretty dramatic, yanking them off airplanes and such. 

Wondering where's the key to Lochtegate.

Man, I dunno. Why would you make that sh!t up. And yet, upon more reading, it appears it may all be BS... Pretty dramatic, yanking them off airplanes and such. 

Well, one potential theory to make this up is to cover your butt about something else that you were doing that you should not have been doing?

But in the realm of things I care about...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.