What Is Buffalo's Next Move?

WildCard

I'd like Backes, but have no interest in a deal longer than 2 years for him -- and I think someone will give him 4 years.

I think Nash is now my preferred target for a forward upgrade -- he's a proven scorer and the risk is limited as he's only under contract for another 2 years.

I'd still be happy with a trade for Fowler, but am skeptical in light of market costs for defensemen.

TBF, this sounds like they are not all in on Vesey. More so that they're focused on him right now, but have back up plans? i.e. they need to figure him out first

From a practical standpoint, I think the Sabres need to proceed as if Vesey is not expected on the team. 

GO SABRES!!!

I'd like Backes, but have no interest in a deal longer than 2 years for him -- and I think someone will give him 4 years.

I think Nash is now my preferred target for a forward upgrade -- he's a proven scorer and the risk is limited as he's only under contract for another 2 years.

I'd still be happy with a trade for Fowler, but am skeptical in light of market costs for defensemen.

Well lookee here, we can agree on hockey stuff :)

I completely agree with this

Detroit got worse this week losing Datsyuk, Montreal got worse long-term, Tampa will get worse because of the cap, Boston is determined to Sweeney-fy...

Hell, if Murray won the Pysyk trade we've gained ground in the entire division.

I disagree, Datsyuk is going to mother Russia so they freed up $$$, Montreal got Weber and Tampa has a great chance to win the cup!

I disagree, Datsyuk is going to mother Russia so they freed up $$$, Montreal got Weber and Tampa has a great chance to win the cup!

You might have the last one, but the first two?  How did Detroit not get worse?  How did Montreal not get worse long-term?

One way I could stomach an Okposo signing is if it is in conjunction with a Kane for Fowler trade.

The ducks did say they wanted a left wing who can score.

And with douchebags like Kesler and Perry, Kane will fit right in.

One way I could stomach an Okposo signing is if it is in conjunction with a Kane for Fowler trade.

The ducks did say they wanted a left wing who can score.

And with douchebags like Kesler and Perry, Kane will fit right in.

So it's us against Sabrespace when we give Okposo $6.5M for 6 years? Okay, we can cuddle this weekend.

Reinhart, Eichel, Risto, O'Reilly. Those are my five better than him. That's a fair point but not a very convincing argument overall.

My two biggest questions before giving a free agent a fat contract are: are you expecting a significantly changed role and does the team the player is coming from play a completely different style?

Reinhart, Eichel, Risto, O'Reilly. Those are my five better than him. That's a fair point but not a very convincing argument overall.

My two biggest questions before giving a free agent a fat contract are: are you expecting a significantly changed role and does the team the player is coming from play a completely different style?

You don't think a 26 year old Vesey will be better than a 31 year old Okposo? Or are you not counting him yet?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.