GDT : Leafs at Sabres 3-25 7pm

WildCard

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Somehow this got lost in the shuffle. Maybe we can get it pinned since it's happening in a month? 

MODO, I know you're still not sure if you're going to be making it, but as far as hotels, there are a lot of good options downtown. I haven't booked our reservations yet, but I've been waffling between The Lafayette and the Marriott at the Harbor Center itself.

With that in mind, those who are coming for sure, I believe our gameplan for Saturday is to meet at Gabriel's Gate for wings/food before the game, and then hop on the metro rail and take that down to the game. 

Are people looking to go back out after the game? Drinks at 716? Back up to Allen? 

I'm actually returning to WNY from visiting a grad school this day, I believe my flight gets in at 2:45 pm. So as long as things go smoothly I shouldn't miss much but there's a chance that I can't come to the pregame stuff if they don't, and a much much smaller chance that I miss the game altogether (the last time I had a flight booked I got stranded in Baltimore overnight because it got canceled at the last minute)

I'll probably be pretty tired, traveling drains me for some reason, but I'm still super pumped! 

Somehow this got lost in the shuffle. Maybe we can get it pinned since it's happening in a month? 

MODO, I know you're still not sure if you're going to be making it, but as far as hotels, there are a lot of good options downtown. I haven't booked our reservations yet, but I've been waffling between The Lafayette and the Marriott at the Harbor Center itself.

With that in mind, those who are coming for sure, I believe our gameplan for Saturday is to meet at Gabriel's Gate for wings/food before the game, and then hop on the metro rail and take that down to the game. 

Are people looking to go back out after the game? Drinks at 716? Back up to Allen? 

Pinning is a good idea :)

I'm down for Gabriel's Gate for pre-game since i'm in the North Buffalo area anyways. After the game any of the choices around the arena are fine. I'm just worried if MODO does make it he will drink us all under the table before the game even starts  :flirt:  We all don't have that Scandinavian training with the beverages. 

Never been to Gabriel's Gate, but I'm down for anywhere for a pregame meetup. Not really a Buffalo native so I'll defer to those that know best.

I could do a post game too. I'm a little worried about drinking cause I will likely be driving myself all the way back to Rochester that night

I don't believe I've received a physical copy of my ticket yet though

I have learned that my son made All County Orchestra so I will be attending that performance in Fairport until about 3pm.  Then I plan on hauling butt to get to Buffalo for the game.

I'm down with meeting up before (if it aligns) and after.  I'll probably consider booking a room anyway.

I know I'm again late to the party, but any way to get in on this ticket wise?

Tom Webster organized a group sale of tickets but they seats are dispersed all around the arena. You could just buy a ticket to the game if you want and then join us for pre/post-game festivities. 

Never been to Gabriel's Gate, but I'm down for anywhere for a pregame meetup. Not really a Buffalo native so I'll defer to those that know best.

I could do a post game too. I'm a little worried about drinking cause I will likely be driving myself all the way back to Rochester that night

I don't believe I've received a physical copy of my ticket yet though

I believe the tickets are all electronic. Tom Webster had us give him our emails and you should have had to create an account with the Sabres ticket system. 

Tom Webster organized a group sale of tickets but they seats are dispersed all around the arena. You could just buy a ticket to the game if you want and then join us for pre/post-game festivities. 

I believe the tickets are all electronic. Tom Webster had us give him our emails and you should have had to create an account with the Sabres ticket system. 

Have not created an account yet. Looks like I'll have to talk to TW about that one

What kind of a place is Gabriel's Gate? Best parking for it would be where?

The seats are between sections 114 and 120, all on the same side of the arena, so it will make it pretty easy to get together between periods.

Have not created an account yet. Looks like I'll have to talk to TW about that one

What kind of a place is Gabriel's Gate? Best parking for it would be where?

Gabriel's Gate is a pub with awesome wings.  Best parking for it?  Just do the best you can.  If you're within three blocks (the blocks are tiny in that neighborhood), you've done very well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.