GDT : Leafs at Sabres 3-25 7pm

WildCard

The Amerks game was actually MODOs idea. He's with us after all because of Ullmark. I just happened to have a bunch of extra tickets. There's 4 of us confirmed so far for the 24th. It's upthread a bit. Let us know.

Ok, all caught up. I'm definitely in for that. I was kinda bummed that I was gonna miss the meet up in Buffalo, but I can certainly do Rochester.

Also, I just realized I have never been to the Brew House. I'm not sure how that happened.

Ok, all caught up. I'm definitely in for that. I was kinda bummed that I was gonna miss the meet up in Buffalo, but I can certainly do Rochester.

Also, I just realized I have never been to the Brew House. I'm not sure how that happened.

How? That place is growing. There's a $45mil expansion project slated to start there soon. Brewery expansion, Brewhouse expansion and retail. They may even kick the heroin addicts out of their shanty town over there by the outlook to High Falls. Once they clean those fools out of there that whole area is going to grow.

I doubt he can be any worse than me

I think you underestimate my abilities

I'm on call on 3/25, ill see if I can get someone to switch with me that date, I'll let you know ASAP

Ok got call switched! Awesome, Eleven get ready to get DENNIS'd

Inky let me know what I owe ya and etc, I'm pumped!!!

Oh, FFS.

Phone: I've never tried doing pre-paid in the US, but I know what you mean having done it in the UK. It's not as common here as most people do locked phones and switch phones when they switch carriers. It's not as nice as the Europe model where you can bounce between carriers and phones easily.

There is this, which I can't vouch for but it seems like what you'd need:

https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-international-tourist-plan

Birch beer is going to be WAY too much for a European palate.  Trust me.  Just watching them drink root beer is enough fun.

Ink's seat is next to mine.  So beware.

Make sure to give him some Vernor's too.

Phone: I've never tried doing pre-paid in the US, but I know what you mean having done it in the UK. It's not as common here as most people do locked phones and switch phones when they switch carriers. It's not as nice as the Europe model where you can bounce between carriers and phones easily.

I think ginger ale (and Vernor's borders on ginger beer, but same thing for these purposes) is pretty well known across the waters.  I know I've had it in a couple of countries.

Bless Vernors. I don't find it very often up here, and I miss it. Every time I go back to NW Ohio, I binge the stuff. A little taste of home.

Full disclosure: I've never seen a Buffalo team win in person. The bills are 0-12 when I'm in attendance. I've never seen the Sabres play live. And UB always lost when I went, even the turner battle team.

You're sitting next to a guy who was like 0-4 lifetime with the Sabres until this year, where I've seen them win 4 times in 4 games. Don't worry, you'll see your first Buffalo sports victory live in 11 days. 

Full disclosure: I've never seen a Buffalo team win in person. The bills are 0-12 when I'm in attendance. I've never seen the Sabres play live. And UB always lost when I went, even the turner battle team.

Same.

Sabres have lost when I've seen 'em. ...but one time i was watching them face the red wings and i was rooting for detroit so.... 

It's gonna be awesome, being at work at 9am Sunday morning will not be... Have the pregame meet ups been ironed out and etc..

I think the Northtowns folks were going to meet up somewhere on Main St. by the UB South Metro station (The Steer I think but I can't remember for certain) for pregame then take the train down to the game so as to avoid impaired driving and provide maximum festivities. I don't know of any other meetups that were arranged yet, but there is still time.

Somehow this got lost in the shuffle. Maybe we can get it pinned since it's happening in a month? 

MODO, I know you're still not sure if you're going to be making it, but as far as hotels, there are a lot of good options downtown. I haven't booked our reservations yet, but I've been waffling between The Lafayette and the Marriott at the Harbor Center itself.

With that in mind, those who are coming for sure, I believe our gameplan for Saturday is to meet at Gabriel's Gate for wings/food before the game, and then hop on the metro rail and take that down to the game. 

Are people looking to go back out after the game? Drinks at 716? Back up to Allen? 

Turns out I wasn't even close. Gabriels Gate a few hours before the game - say 4:30? - and then hop on the Metro.

Gabriel's Gate

145 Allen St, Buffalo, NY 14201

It's only a 2 block walk or so to the Allen/Medical stop on the Metro, which is the last of the pay to ride stations before it comes above ground downtown.

I knew we were riding the Metro, but as you will soon realize, don't rely on me for anything relating to memory... :doh:

Edited by Touched by Boyes

I think the Northtowns folks were going to meet up somewhere on Main St. by the UB South Metro station (The Steer I think but I can't remember for certain) for pregame then take the train down to the game so as to avoid impaired driving and provide maximum festivities. I don't know of any other meetups that were arranged yet, but there is still time.

Turns out I wasn't even close. Gabriels Gate a few hours before the game - say 4:30? - and then hop on the Metro.

That's probably about right. I think check-in for Josie and I is at 4:00, so we'll scoot up to the bar after we're done. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.