Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

If we acquire Fowler and don't give up Kulikov, McCabe or Gorges do you look to dump Gorges for whatever taker you can find?

Nah... you want him to move up and down the top 6 D and fill spots.

Risto - Kulikov

Fowler - Bogo

McCabe - Gorges/Franson

Am I missing someone?  I know we have a few other D but i see them as Amerks <-> Sabres players at this point.

Nah... you want him to move up and down the top 6 D and fill spots.

Risto - Kulikov

Fowler - Bogo

McCabe - Gorges/Franson

Am I missing someone?  I know we have a few other D but i see them as Amerks <-> Sabres players at this point.

Colaiacovo?

If they've decided Fowler will not play for Anaheim this year, doesn't that decrease his trade value a little bit? Not saying a lot. Just at a much more reasonable price.

only if they came out publicly saying it. They could have decided internally they will deal him but still ask for a lot and if no one bites then go a little lower

Evander Kane might play on the second line and might play on the first, but he is not a "middle-six" forward.

If that nonsense set the market, than screw it, no Fowler for me.

if that's the market I think most teams say screw it. Not every team is as dumb as edmonton

Kane's got first line talent but a third line-style game game.

Definitely an unusual player.

Kane fits their style of physicality perfectly though

This trade and Vesey are the only things standing in the way of a perfect offseason for me

None. If Ennis hadn't banged his head it would make some sense given each team's needs.

But Ennis' value has to be pretty low right now.

I could see the trade including a conditional draft pick based on Ennis production or games played.  The more he plays the lower the pick the Sabres give up. :)

I think teams, including Buffalo have their best offers on the table.

They aren't good enough for The Ducks and Bob Murray is waiting for as long as he can for someone or something to break.

So far, nothing has.

I think teams, including Buffalo have their best offers on the table.

They aren't good enough for The Ducks and Bob Murray is waiting for as long as he can for someone or something to break.

So far, nothing has.

He knows he is in bind with the expansion draft and might lose 2 good D if he does nothing.    GMTM can smell the blood and is going to feast on it.

I think someone still in play here is Tyson Barrie. Rumor mills are churning regarding his contract situation and if he goes to arbitration and wins the Avs are gonna be in a tough spot. 38 goals and 140 points over his last three seasons and he's only 24. It wouldn't surprise me if Barrie is who Murray really wants. He's a snake in the grass and has no problem patiently waiting for the right moment to strike. Hopefully he won't wait to long and miss out on all three.

So is this done, or are we really waiting on Vesey?

HAHAHA, you think Tim Murray would wait to execute the Fowler trade because of Vesey? Fat chance. If Murray has a trade done, he's executing it. Cam Fowler is worth more than Vesey currently and Timmy knows that.

HAHAHA, you think Tim Murray would wait to execute the Fowler trade because of Vesey? Fat chance. If Murray has a trade done, he's executing it. Cam Fowler is worth more than Vesey currently and Timmy knows that.

If we sign Vesey we immediately have an extra forward in our top 6 that we can send to Anaheim. If not, making that deal becomes a little harder

If we sign Vesey we immediately have an extra forward in our top 6 that we can send to Anaheim. If not, making that deal becomes a little harder

No it doesnt, because it solidifies defense. Top 4 defenders are harder to acquire then top 6 wingers. Also our prospects pool is lousy with wingers, defense there's Guhle and that's about it.

No it doesnt, because it solidifies defense. Top 4 defenders are harder to acquire then top 6 wingers. Also our prospects pool is lousy with wingers, defense there's Guhle and that's about it.

Fasching, Bailey, Carrier, Baptiste, Rodrigues and oh...Nylander might disagree with you

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.