Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

He's going to sign with Buffalo. I think he agreed to that a long time ago, even before we had his rights. All this delay is just to throw off any tampering talk.

:ph34r:

He also agreed to sign with NSH.

Nashville isn't in the Boston. They didn't satisfy his list.

fixed

Better question, what blows Pi's brain more? Mathews playing well in Toronto or Vesey signing with anyone but Boston?

I've always said Matthews will play well his first few seasons. Once his ELC is up and he gets paid there will be a steep decline.

As far as Vesey is concerned, I don't care where he signs as long as it isn't Buffalo.

IMO Nylander is going to be a much better player than Vesey.

Let's hope (regardless of whether Vesey ends up a Sabre or not). Vesey is much closer to being at his ceiling at present than Nylander is. For Vesey to be better when all is said & done, either Nylander busted, Vesey was a serious lare bloomer, or a combination thereof.

Far more paths available to Nylander being better (says the guy that wants Vesey to sign & wanted a D @ 8).

I think twas sarcasm Taro. Nowadays, though I'm never sure. 

Why wouldn't it be?  Nashville's travel schedule is BRUTAL.  It's great city and would be a tremendous place for a young dude but being a Western Conference team from TENNESSEE would suck out loud.

AD my man long time no see. The avatar bro?

He was talking, being led on, by a Boston reporter

Well then he's not as mature and Harvard smart as I'd hoped - he said almost everything the wrong way and basically disrespected 2 teams now.  Unless you're a Bruins fan because it's obvious that's where he's going. 

Not that it matters because if you've got the talent - you've got the talent to play well in the NHL - but he sure didn't represent himself well in that interview. 

Well then he's not as mature and Harvard smart as I'd hoped - he said almost everything the wrong way and basically disrespected 2 teams now. Unless you're a Bruins fan because it's obvious that's where he's going.

Not that it matters because if you've got the talent - you've got the talent to play well in the NHL - but he sure didn't represent himself well in that interview.

Not everyone can do well in some type of public it review. Some guy named Terry is terrible at.

He was talking, being led on, by a Boston reporter

But isn't this what a great interviewer is supposed to do? They say certain things to get people talking. If the interviewer brought up Boston and Vesey didn't become animated, he likely would've moved on to a different subject. This interviewer hit the jackpot with bringing up Boston. He did a great job because it really gives us insight into Vesey's thinking, which is what an interview is suppose to do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.