Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Sorry, I'm late to this party.  

Drunkard, I'm with you man!  You're right in the hipster age group, but you seem to have just as much derision for them as I do.  Keep it up!  All my ball caps have beautifully curved brims, just like they should.

Liger, learn to embrace your inner tangent.  Some of the most wonderful give and takes can and do happen where they don't belong.

So back to the NHL stuff.  Dominic Moore.  I just KNOW that guy wears fedoras, so screw him!

Has anybody ever given a ###### about Dominic Moore?

And has he been on every single NHL team yet?

A ton of people, myself included, root for Dominic Moore. One of the most inspirational stories in this league or any league.

OMFG NO ONE CARES TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

HERE! Here is a freaking thread for it http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24305-get-off-my-lawn-the-over-50-thread/page-4 

It's like we have specific threads for crap like this for a reason so that I don't have to wade through 9 posts of crap to see if anything of note has happened in the NHL. Go the 50's angry folks thread or create a freaking hatware thread but get the ###### out of this one. 

Epic Rant LG. You know we're in the dog days now right? So anything goes. NO ONE gives a crap that Dominic Moore signed today sir! NO ONE. Not even Jimmy ###### Vesey.

Drunkard, if you missed it, it's actually in the under 50 thread page which is already relegated to the second page. Hoss has posted the end all be all fedora lover in an awesome video that is actually in that thread. http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24306-get-out-of-my-dms-the-under-50-thread/page-2

If you missed it the first time, thank Hoss!

That thread is on page two now due to millenials inability to stay focused.

Edited by beerme1

I live in NC and I've seen plenty of flat brimmed hats down here as well. Another hipster trend stolen from black people because they think it looks cool. Once enough white people take it over though the black community will switch to something else and the hipster community will follow suit and they can all move onto their next abomination like sagging their skinny jeans or some other nonsense like fedoras again.

If you are under the age of 50 and wear a fedora you should have said hat stuffed down your throat until you choke on it and die.

I'm 55. You may want to change 50 to 60.

post-1462-0-11233500-1472642873_thumb.jpeg

Edited by N'eo

Drunkard--where do you stand on gloves?  Leather Isotoner types?  Mittens?

I personally don't wear gloves because I live in NC and there's no need. It might snow here in my part of the state 5 times in 10 years. I don't begrudge anyone in colder climates the ability to keep their hands warm. I am staunchly anti-kitten mittens though (sorry Wildcard). Unless of course, your cat is an . In that case I am pro kitten mittens because they should lose their traction and slam into the furniture because of said assholiness.

I'm 55. You may want to change 50 to 60.

Naw, you're good in my book, sir. 

Sorry, I'm late to this party.  

Drunkard, I'm with you man!  You're right in the hipster age group, but you seem to have just as much derision for them as I do.  Keep it up!  All my ball caps have beautifully curved brims, just like they should.

Liger, learn to embrace your inner tangent.  Some of the most wonderful give and takes can and do happen where they don't belong.

So back to the NHL stuff.  Dominic Moore.  I just KNOW that guy wears fedoras, so screw him!

Indeed, sir. Hipsters are the worst. They make people from Boston almost seem likeable in comparison.

Epic Rant LG. You know were in the dog days now right? So anything goes. NO ONE gives a crap that Dominic Moore signed today sir! NO ONE. Not even Jimmy ###### Vesey.

Drunkard, if you missed it, it's actually in the under 50 thread page which is already relegated to the second page. Hoss has posted the end all be all fedora lover in an awesome video that is actually in that thread. http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24306-get-out-of-my-dms-the-under-50-thread/page-2

If you missed it the first time, thank Hoss!

That thread is on page two now due to millenials inability to stay focused.

I think I've seen the thread before but I'll look again just to be sure. I was born in 1981 and I despise the whole millennial moniker. I'll take Generation Y all things being equal. In their defense though, they probably lost focused because they can't afford their Adderall and Ritalin prescriptions anymore now that they are too old to stay on their parents health insurance.

I decided to look it up... Boston will be Moore's TENTH NHL team!  Crazy.

Perhaps this could be placed in the ol' trivia thread, but... he will be the seventh NHL player to play for 10+ teams.  Five of the other six played for exactly 10.  One man holds the record of 12:

[Edit: clickable link]

www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/most_teams.html

[Edit: none of the other six players played for Buffalo]

Edited by Cereal

I decided to look it up... Boston will be Moore's TENTH NHL team!  Crazy.

Perhaps this could be placed in the ol' trivia thread, but... he will be the seventh NHL player to play for 10+ teams.  Five of the other six played for exactly 10.  One man holds the record of 12:

[Edit: clickable link]

www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/most_teams.html

[Edit: none of the other six players played for Buffalo]

And only 13 seasons, he's got years to make up the next two teams. Wow!

The Sports Writers put out really early power rankings.

http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/very-early-nhl-power-rankings-for-2016-17/4/

Buffalo was 22nd and this made me chuckle "the blueline is a question mark after Zach Bogosian. The Sabres are going to be a tough team to play against in 2016-17, but they’re still one or two years away from realistically competing for the playoffs."

Apparently Dmitry Kulikov and Ramsus Ristolainen are question marks, who knew! 

Buffalo was 22nd and this made me chuckle "the blueline is a question mark after Zach Bogosian. The Sabres are going to be a tough team to play against in 2016-17, but they’re still one or two years away from realistically competing for the playoffs."

...and Bogosian is not a question mark?   Who are these so called "experts"?

...and Bogosian is not a question mark?   Who are these so called "experts"?

The kind that are tasked with writing this stuff on a deadline and say, "um, who on the D have I heard of? Bogo, fine. I don't know any of the other guys; question mark!". Let's face it, the writers aren't going through hundreds of hours of game tape to evaluate players and team. They just start throwing around ideas and make up some copy to justify the rankings.

That being said, you could call Risto a question mark. Question A: contract? Question B: "sophomore" (I use that very loosely) slump?

Saying we could be 2 years away from COMPETING for a playoff spot is a joke. At least I hope it is.

Has anybody ever given a ###### about Dominic Moore?

And has he been on every single NHL team yet?

I have. And regardless of his inspirational story, he's an excellent veteran leader, great on faceoffs, you know what you're going to get out of him every single night, and he'll never cry about how he's utilized. A very unselfish and dependable player. This league needs more guys like him. 

I personally don't wear gloves because I live in NC and there's no need. It might snow here in my part of the state 5 times in 10 years. I don't begrudge anyone in colder climates the ability to keep their hands warm. I am staunchly anti-kitten mittens though (sorry Wildcard). Unless of course, your cat is an ######. In that case I am pro kitten mittens because they should lose their traction and slam into the furniture because of said assholiness.

Naw, you're good in my book, sir. 

Indeed, sir. Hipsters are the worst. They make people from Boston almost seem likeable in comparison.

I think I've seen the thread before but I'll look again just to be sure. I was born in 1981 and I despise the whole millennial moniker. I'll take Generation Y all things being equal. In their defense though, they probably lost focused because they can't afford their Adderall and Ritalin prescriptions anymore now that they are too old to stay on their parents health insurance.

Don't feel like looking it up, but the % of present day kids on some type of ADHD medication is through the roof. This is largely due to today's parents....can even add younger, inexperienced pediatricians to that. Almost forgot to mention the change in lifestyle for kids. When we were kids, most of us were outside doing something active. Dreaded the "street lights are on." Take a look around your neighborhood this evening. Most streets will be vacant. Not many kids will be outside playing. They'd rather be inside playing video games, surfing the internet and/or using their cell phone.

Edited by GoPre

Saying we could be 2 years away from COMPETING for a playoff spot is a joke. At least I hope it is.

It is. We will compete for a spot this year, might not make it but we will be in the hunt. I have seen it on this board and in the news, a lot of ppl talk about how we added Okposo and Kulikov but that might not be enough to get us into the playoffs. The issue I have with that thinking is it assumes that Reinhart, Eichel, and a few other young players have already plateaued. Someone go tell Jack that he is will be a low 20's goal scorer with mid 50's point totals for his career, I would love to see what he thinks of that assessment. Or tell Reinhart 40 points is about what he can expect going forward even though he is the smartest most improved player on the team at 20 years old. The next big step I still think happens this year.