Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Bogo, Kane, Foligno. After that our boys are pretty tame.

Deslauriers, Lehner, and Kulikov seems to be willing to drop gloves. I think 6 guys who will go for you is more than enough. Also with how close this team appears I think they would go after anyone who took liberties. 

I hear Lehner has his own WWE intro music now.

If things go down on the ice the lights start flashing and the jumbotron goes crazy and you hear Lehner's Death March theme.  The players know it's time to hide.

Just read this... way too awesome not to share..

I love little stories like this.  It's about Jamie McGinn's first shift in the NHL. 

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Jamie%2BMcGinn%2Bshares%2Bamazing%2Bstory%2Bof%2Bhow%2Bhis%2Bfirst%2Bever%2BNHL%2Bshift%2Bwas%2Bjust%2Bone%2Bsecond%2Blong&id=590587

My first NHL shift. I told my linemate at the time I just got called up, playing Pittsburgh Penguins, and my linemate was Jody Shelley at the time. I was playing fourth line. He was like, ‘You nervous, kid?' And I was like, ‘Yeah, I'm pretty nervous. I wouldn't mind having a quick shift.' He's like, ‘OK.' So we lined up for the draw, and he dropped the gloves with someone right away. So my first NHL shift was one second long. So he came back and was like, ‘Is that short enough for you?'” 

Edited by LTS

Just read this... way too awesome not to share..

I love little stories like this. It's about Jamie McGinn's first shift in the NHL.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Jamie%2BMcGinn%2Bshares%2Bamazing%2Bstory%2Bof%2Bhow%2Bhis%2Bfirst%2Bever%2BNHL%2Bshift%2Bwas%2Bjust%2Bone%2Bsecond%2Blong&id=590587

My first NHL shift. I told my linemate at the time I just got called up, playing Pittsburgh Penguins, and my linemate was Jody Shelley at the time. I was playing fourth line. He was like, ‘You nervous, kid?' And I was like, ‘Yeah, I'm pretty nervous. I wouldn't mind having a quick shift.' He's like, ‘OK.' So we lined up for the draw, and he dropped the gloves with someone right away. So my first NHL shift was one second long. So he came back and was like, ‘Is that short enough for you?'”

:lol:

Deslauriers, Lehner, and Kulikov seems to be willing to drop gloves. I think 6 guys who will go for you is more than enough. Also with how close this team appears I think they would go after anyone who took liberties.

Don't know how I forgot D-Lo. I wonder if hrs going to be a reg this year.

Don't know how I forgot D-Lo. I wonder if hrs going to be a reg this year.

In spite of my total whiff on Guhle to this point, I'm gonna predict D-Lo is a lock. He's just too critical a "glue" guy on the team. I love hearing the chatter when sitting next to the bench. His teammates genuinely love him it seems. Especially after his flare up with Neal the other night. 

I'm gonna predict D-Lo is a lock. He's just too critical a "glue" guy on the team. I love hearing the chatter when sitting next to the bench. His teammates genuinely love him it seems. Especially after his flare up with Neal the other night. 

Yeah - I hafta think so. D-Lo shows every sign of being one of those teammate favourite, fan favourite types who might get 5 goals and 10 assists in a regular season, and then posts a 3G - 4A line in two playoff series.

Yeah - I hafta think so. D-Lo shows every sign of being one of those teammate favourite, fan favourite types who might get 5 goals and 10 assists in a regular season, and then posts a 3G - 4A line in two playoff series.

Playoffs have been so far removed from my mind that I never considered this angle. I absolutely agree that he's one of those guys that's only going to get stronger as the playoffs progress.

Matthews is playing in his first NHL game today ... You could say he's breaking his NHL Hyman

Projected #leafs lines: Komarov-Kadri-Michalek JVR-Bozak-Marner Hyman-Matthews-Nylander Martin-Gauthier/Laich-Brown

You could, if you wanted to misspell it.

Or if you wanted to crack wise with the use of homonymous words.

Gudas never should have gotten a boarding major for this. It was lined up to be a clean hit until Vesey stops, spins around half bent over with his face square against the glass. Vesey just learned a hard lesson and Gudas got unfairly called on it. 

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/783089751662456832

Gudas never should have gotten a boarding major for this. It was lined up to be a clean hit until Vesey stops, spins around half bent over with his face square against the glass. Vesey just learned a hard lesson and Gudas got unfairly called on it. 

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/783089751662456832

Definitely disagree.  Vesey's numbers are showing as Gudas comes in.  Every player is trained now to turn their back out to the player coming in because they aren't supposed to get hit.  Gudas knows that too.  He could have tied Vesey up on the boards but he doesn't.  He goes for the big hit and he deserves to get what he's got coming to him. 

Cool behind the scene look into why Jim Rutherford made some of the trades he did for the Pens last year.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/jim-rutherford-what-you-dont-know-about-being-a-gm/

Loved this article.  I read it earlier today and was glad someone beat me to sharing it.  It's a must read into GM decision making and the facts behind the scenes.