Could a Sabrespace podcast be a thing?

qwksndmonster

This idea has been brought up and lightly discussed before.  I've always been intrigued by the idea of podcasting, and I just edited my own Game of Thrones podcast. Oh my god is it easy. I'd be willing to do all the editing and record myself talking with posters that I'm intimately familiar with (which is a lot of you, growl), and it could turn into something really neat.  It could possibly attract new posters and even if it doesn't it'd be a blast for all of us to listen to.  Imagine all the cool segments we could do.

PA vs. Freeman debate time

Taro or LTS filling us in on coaching basics 

TrueBlue and WildCard on the stats

Jo and d4rk being all millennial and whatnot. 

Liger and Rakii covering the draft prospects

Dudacek and Swamp debating the coaches challenge

The possibilities are endless!

I, of course, first had the thought to do a Sabres podcast on my own with my brother and maybe monetize it, but I don't really have hockey opinions that I didn't originally think about here, and I steal so many of the smart things you guys say on here that it just feels wrong.  And I don't think I have enough smart things to say about NHL hockey all by myself. 

Maybe if this actually takes off then we could share the editing responsibilities and I can pawn all of this off on one of you rubes.

Oh, and I don't want to put anybody on the spot with this.  Sabrespace is first and foremost a community of people sending words to one another over the internet.  If you want to keep it that way and don't want to be a part of the podcast, that's up to you.  Don't feel pressured because I called you out by name or anything.  Just spit balling here.

This idea has been brought up and lightly discussed before.  I've always been intrigued by the idea of podcasting, and I just edited my own Game of Thrones podcast. Oh my god is it easy. I'd be willing to do all the editing and record myself talking with posters that I'm intimately familiar with (which is a lot of you, growl), and it could turn into something really neat.  It could possibly attract new posters and even if it doesn't it'd be a blast for all of us to listen to.  Imagine all the cool segments we could do.

PA vs. Freeman debate time

Taro or LTS filling us in on coaching basics 

TrueBlue and WildCard on the stats

Jo and d4rk being all millennial and whatnot. 

Liger and Rakii covering the draft prospects

Dudacek and Swamp debating the coaches challenge

The possibilities are endless!

I, of course, first had the thought to do a Sabres podcast on my own with my brother and maybe monetize it, but I don't really have hockey opinions that I didn't originally think about here, and I steal so many of the smart things you guys say on here that it just feels wrong.  And I don't think I have enough smart things to say about NHL hockey all by myself. 

Maybe if this actually takes off then we could share the editing responsibilities and I can pawn all of this off on one of you rubes.

:lol: 

Excuse me, but my role is "Ted Nolan defender". 

DeLuca and I talked about doing this forever ago.  I'm sorta glad we didn't; sorta sad we didn't.

It's kind of like having your favorite book turned into an audio book or a movie. A lot of the magic in forums like this lies in the imagination.

That said, I fully support qwk's idea.

Logistics if we wanted to do this qwk. Would we all just Skype in or something? I have no idea what would be involved in doing a podcast for this site with people weighing in from all around the country. 

A lot of podcasts have call-ins, don't see why that wouldn't work.

I'm in as long as we get at least one podcast of Freeman and Swamp arguing about NFL officials.

:lol:

I'll do it, but only after we get good again and I can point out all the penalties on the other team that never would have been called when we sucked.

Logistics if we wanted to do this qwk. Would we all just Skype in or something? I have no idea what would be involved in doing a podcast for this site with people weighing in from all around the country.

We'd probably want to use ventrilo or skype. I like vent better. And yeah I'd record my own mic and the ventrilo audio. We'd probably want the people calling in to record themselves as well.

Obviously it would be preferrable if whoever is calling in has a nice microphone/headset but it's not an absolute necessity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.