2016 Second round of playoffs thread

Wyldnwoody44

I was pumped to watch a good game 7, either a high flying score fest, or a tight checking OT, maybe a PP will win it. What I saw was an absolute landslide and it sucked from a game 7 POV.... I thought after ruff challenged and kept it 1-0 there may be a turning point but instead the blues popped 2 more softies up..... With all that said, I think they are the deeper better team and sharks/preds will have their hands full.

No. We're having this conversation because three players tipped the puck mid-air and it went out of play.

Plus, it's kinda what we do here.

Did all three tip the puck?  I thought two were shot out of play.  The one I thought was where the puck was in the air and the play hit it with his stick and it continued across the ice and went out of play.

Seems harsh. They're a blue and gold team from the Rust Belt that got close with Scotty but never won, and never has won, the big one. They are us.

The comparison is uncanny, right down to the Scotty part.

Still, I believe the Blues were closest.  After all, if I recall correctly, they had three (that's 3) cusps right in a row.

Seems harsh. They're a blue and gold team from the Rust Belt that got close with Scotty but never won, and never has won, the big one. They are us.

Yeah, they got real ####in' close. Only lost in the finals by a combined 0-12. (Though in fairness, they did get to OT 3 out of the 12 games.)

They were so close that the following year the league finally started going cross-conference in the 2nd round to keep the friggin' Blues out of the finals.

:p

The comparison is uncanny, right down to the Scotty part.

Still, I believe the Blues were closest.  After all, if I recall correctly, they had three (that's 3) cusps right in a row.

That's almost as painful as going to 4 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.