2016 Second round of playoffs thread

Wyldnwoody44

Please read my explanation above.

I read it. And am old enough to understand it, to boot.

But, respectfully, the majority of calls are on the discretion of the officials already, why not the puck over the glass rule, if it's deciding games. I get the idea that leaving it in the refs discretion can create issues, but how is that different than the other 10 penalty calls every game?

Edited by Thorny

If it's between that, and it being automatic, yes I'd rather it not be a penalty.

Would be very surprised that if the league changed that rule it wouldn't be a disaster.

People complain about a lack of goal scoring now; want to guess where that would go if guys could flip the puck over the glass w/ impunity?

But, respectfully, the majority of calls are on the discretion of the officials already, why not the puck over the glass rule, if it's deciding games. I get the idea that leaving it in the refs discretion can create issues, but how is that different than the other 10 penalty calls every game?

Does the name Kasparaitis ring a bell? :censored:

Would be very surprised that if the league changed that rule it wouldn't be a disaster.

People complain about a lack of goal scoring now; want to guess where that would go if guys could flip the puck over the glass w/ impunity?

I'd rather it be in the discretion of the officials. There would be missed calls, but they happen with all sorts of other penalties right now. The NHL currently is in the business of employing a subjective rule book, at least in practice. Edited by Thorny

Does the name Kasparaitis ring a bell? :censored:

i hate that son of a bitch

I'd rather it be in the discretion of the officials. There would be missed calls, but they happen with all sorts of other penalties right now. The NHL currently is in the business of employing a subjective rule book, at least in practice.

Kasparaitis.  Like Taro said.

I'd rather it be in the discretion of the officials. There would be missed calls, but they happen with all sorts of other penalties right now. The NHL currently is in the business of employing a subjective rule book, at least in practice.

We will not agree on this. Losing to the Canes because of Campbell's oops sucked but it wasn't as maddening as losing to the Pens because Darius was allowed to throw the puck over the glass. It was ok though, because he got a VERY stern warning that he could get called for delay if he did that again; well, if he'd be ok w/ that it is, if it didn't upset him too much, maybe, possibly.

We will not agree on this. Losing to the Canes because of Campbell's oops sucked but it wasn't as maddening as losing to the Pens because Darius was allowed to throw the puck over the glass. It was ok though, because he got a VERY stern warning that he could get called for delay if he did that again; well, if he'd be ok w/ that it is, if it didn't upset him too much, maybe, possibly.

I believe he also received a strongly-worded letter.

I get you, but the less in the discretion of the refs, the better.

You have a good point, in that in the non ideal world we live in, it removes a lot of potential angst to just make it an automatic call.

In the ideal world, it being a subjective call makes sense, in that the ref should have made the call on Darius even with the rule being in the referee's discretion. But we don't live in an ideal world

I digress.

Don't forget, they added that rule the same year they added the netting after that girl died when she got hit by a puck. It is meant solely to keep pucks out of the stands (and thereby reduce lawsuits). They won't change it, IMO.

Edited by SwampD

Doc's cribbin' from me. Told the wife to check out how Beagle got his skate out of the way and then 2 minutes later Emerick's mentioning it. :lol:

I think he won an award or something too. Check your trophy case  ;)

Well, ###### me. I hate the Pens, and I really wanted the Caps to finally get Ovie even remotely close to a Cup

And they're going to ruin Andrew W.K. for me too  :(

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.