2016 Second round of playoffs thread

Wyldnwoody44

Well since the second round starts tomorrow, might as well start this thread

We have:

Pens vs Caps

Isles vs Bolts

Blues vs Stars

Sharks vs Anaheim/Nashville (pending)

Hope to see some key players return from injury and hope the 2nd round is even better than round 1.

Have at it.

The NYI/TB game will start before the ANA/NSH game 7.    I don't ever remember that happening before, the second round starting before the first is finished.

33 years since it last hapened

Nor do I.  The NBA does/did it that way and it's fine by me.

Personally, I'm not a fan of it

Is there any doubt the Caps beat Pitt? 

Tampa/NYI could go either way. 

Blues/Stars could be an epic matchup. 

I expect the Sharks series against either team to be a long, brutal series. 

I've got the Pens winning it all, so there is at least some doubt.

Pens are going to the Cup

I almost had them going. They're the hottest team coming into the playoffs. Still, I like the Caps depth, a lot, and the addition of Malkin may throw a wrench in that team's play. I know he was great the game he was back for, but that's one game. 

I almost had them going. They're the hottest team coming into the playoffs. Still, I like the Caps depth, a lot, and the addition of Malkin may throw a wrench in that team's play. I know he was great the game he was back for, but that's one game.

I thought the same, but it has actually been multiple games since he's been back, and Malkin has been steadily improving. Crosby looks the best he's looked in years. And for the first time in a long time, the Pens have good depth. I picked them to win the cup and I'll keep that pick.

But in all honesty I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Caps win the series. Great team. Winner will almost certainly go to the final.

The NYI/TB game will start before the ANA/NSH game 7.    I don't ever remember that happening before, the second round starting before the first is finished.

I don't like it, either. Messes up my playoff pick 'em pool, but I still don't think the next round should start until this one is over.

If it wasn't for Hitchcock, I'd be pulling for the Blues all the way.

Caps in 6.

Blues in 7.

Bolts in 6.

Ducks in 6. Will have think long & hard on a winner if Nashville wins tonight. Snarks SHOULD beat them, but Thornton (almost) always goes out in the 2nd. Maybe Nashville finally gets past the 2nd round. That's probably what I'd go w/.

Seriously wonder why GMTM didn't get prince from uncle b. A 3rd round pick is all it took and the Sabres have plenty of them this year. He's on the small side but produced decent stats at the end of the regular season for the Isles too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.