2016 Second round of playoffs thread

Wyldnwoody44

Here's the follow-up to that terrific social-media-generated story about a black guy from St. Louis who discovered hockey during game 7 of the Blues-Blackhawks series (the guy may be spoiled for all future games).

http://deadspin.com/man-who-discovered-hockey-attends-hockey-game-loves-it-1774673432

It occurs to me: Can I presently imagine the very staid in-arena production team of the Buffalo Sabres posting something on the jumbotron acknowledging that a new folk-hero fan had observed on Twitter: "THIS S#*&@ IS LIT!" 

I cannot. Hopefully that will change.

I don't get it, what did he do that's different from everybody else who attends their first game?

It's how he got invited to his first game that's the fun part.  He was looking for a Cardinals game on TV, found the Blues-Hawks game 7 instead, and his mind was blown.  Had never seen hockey before, even on TV.  Tweeted a lot about it.  Team ended up comping him two seats on the glass to game 3 in the Dallas series.

It's how he got invited to his first game that's the fun part.  He was looking for a Cardinals game on TV, found the Blues-Hawks game 7 instead, and his mind was blown.  Had never seen hockey before, even on TV.  Tweeted a lot about it.  Team ended up comping him two seats on the glass to game 3 in the Dallas series.

A game they won, he's their lucky charm! 

Haha, Pens win again. See this so often, the team going in hot brings a game that the team who hasn't played meaningful games in months can't solve. Don't count the Flyers series, if anything the Flyers sitting on their heels all series did the Caps even worse.

Caps just look frustrated. Even Trotz.

Haha, Pens win again. See this so often, the team going in hot brings a game that the team who hasn't played meaningful games in months can't solve. Don't count the Flyers series, if anything the Flyers sitting on their heels all series did the Caps even worse.

Caps just look frustrated. Even Trotz.

This calendar year (i.e., from January 1st onward) the Pens had the best record in the East, not the Caps. So, I'm not sure it is such a surprise to see the Pens doing well in this series. Plus, Trotz has a history of great regular seasons followed by disappointing playoffs.

I haven't been following the Caps closely enough: What injuries and/or suspensions precipitated Weber being out there in OT? Against Crosby's line? Who's next on D for the Caps? Jeff Jillison?

Doug Janik.

This calendar year (i.e., from January 1st onward) the Pens had the best record in the East, not the Caps. So, I'm not sure it is such a surprise to see the Pens doing well in this series. Plus, Trotz has a history of great regular seasons followed by disappointing playoffs.

But that's what I meant. The Pens were the hot team over the last several months. 

I agree it's not a surprise, though. The Pens look like they have a very formidable hockey team. 

And along with Trotz, the Caps have that same history. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.