2013-14: 5.48

2014-15: 5.46

2015-16: 5.42

Goals per game average/playoffs:

2012-13: 5.02

2013-14: 5.59

2014-15: 5.03

2015-16: 5.10

Interesting. What I'm most concerned with is the low % of playoff goals scored 5-on-5. Only two teams in the league average more than 2 goals per game 5-on-5 through the playoffs - Pittsburgh and Dallas. The most talented players in the world yet the 5-on-5 game is basically an exercise in futility. Pack it in defensively and score on the power play (which the refs seem to give our randomly) seems to be the best way to win in today's game.

Interesting. What I'm most concerned with is the low % of playoff goals scored 5-on-5. Only two teams in the league average more than 2 goals per game 5-on-5 through the playoffs - Pittsburgh and Dallas. The most talented players in the world yet the 5-on-5 game is basically an exercise in futility. Pack it in defensively and score on the power play (which the refs seem to give our randomly) seems to be the best way to win in today's game.

Good point, the games are very dependent on the competency of the officiating. What surprised me about those numbers is how little they deviated with the exception of the one outlier.

Good point, the games are very dependent on the competency of the officiating. What surprised me about those numbers is how little they deviated with the exception of the one outlier.

I think we're all spoiled by the 6.050 and 5.651 in 2005-06.

Soooooooo, letang should get 2-3 games.... Let's see

I thought the 2 minutes was about right

I take it Abdelkader isn't going to be suspended for pummeling somebody unwillingly while having him pinned to the ice.

Wasn't that like a month ago?

I liked Faksa too, but I stand by the Grig pick. At the time, that was the only way we were ever getting a first line center, by drafting for the highest ceiling and hoping. Darcy Regier was the worst GM.

True on all accounts.

Letang should be suspended for 5 games. Mostly because I picked the Caps to win it all and his absence would be a great boon to winning this series.

Letang,...

That's French for the tang.

And that was a textbook two game hit.

Edited by SwampD

Depending on Letang, I can see the Penguins winning next game as well. Pens were the better team in game 1, and game 2 was pretty close. I think they deserve their current lead. If Crosby gets going this series, Caps will probably lose.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.