2016 Second round of playoffs thread

Wyldnwoody44

that was sarcasm right ? :unsure:

Nope. The way the NHL calls games and disciplines players, a 2 minute penalty sounds like what they would typically offer for his offence. Personally I stopped caring about their stupid discipline as there is no rhyme or reason to any of it.

So, about that Dallas Stars defense and goaltending...

I've always said that good goaltenders (key word: good) are a dime a dozen, and they are. But Dallas can't seem to find ten cents. These two are just pitiful, you can only blame the defense for so long. 

Best part is, they're stuck with them. Come in over, Goligsoki.

Forsberg with a filthy snipe

Oh man, I completely forgot the contracts they had. $10.4mil cap hit for two more years for goaltending. Wow................ 

I really don't think Tampa can win this without Drouin. Maybe they can eek out this game, but the series? Hard to see.

This was well timed. Great set-up by Drouin for the tying goal in the dying moments. Kid is going to be a phenomenal hockey player.

Best part is, they're stuck with them. Come on over, Goligsoki.

Forsberg with a filthy snipe

Did you see Goligoski's terrible giveaway in his own zone leading to the Blues first goal?

....I still want to sign him.

Edited by Thorny

This was well timed. Great set-up by Drouin for the tying goal in the dying moments. Kid is going to be a phenomenal hockey player.

Did you see Goligoski's terrible giveaway in his own zone leading to the Blues first goal?

....I still want to sign him.

I admit I did not.

Further more with my admissions, it seems I may eventually turn out to be wrong on Drouin. I'll still hold to it though, for now

I admit I did not.

Further more with my admissions, it seems I may eventually turn out to be wrong on Drouin. I'll still hold to it though, for now

Admittedly, though I still recognized his talent, I was beginning to question whether it was going to work out for him at the NHL level. I'm surprised he looks THIS good, so quickly after coming back.

To think, he could have been a "buy low" candidate earlier this season. But maybe not. Weren't there rumours Yzerman was asking for a lot in return? Drouin won't be leaving Tampa now, I don't think. Especially if Stamkos goes.

Edited by Thorny

Admittedly, though I still recognized his great talent, I was beginning to question whether it was going to work out for him at the NHL level. I'm surprised he looks THIS good, so quickly after coming back.

To think, he could have been a "buy low" candidate earlier this season. But maybe not. Weren't there rumours Yzerman was asking for a lot in return? Drouin won't be leaving Tampa now, I don't think. Especially if Stamkos goes.

I think a lot of what Drouin does depends on himself. Apparently he had a nice chat with Stevey Y and decided to own up and play, and his playoff performance is the result. He got absolutely wrecked in a huge check tonight, came back, and set up the game tying goal. Very impressive. Tampa may have traded him, but it was always going to be a hefty price. I'm not sure what they'll do with him now but I agree that a lot of it depends on Stamkos

I think a lot of what Drouin does depends on himself. Apparently he had a nice chat with Stevey Y and decided to own up and play, and his playoff performance is the result. He got absolutely wrecked in a huge check tonight, came back, and set up the game tying goal. Very impressive. Tampa may have traded him, but it was always going to be a hefty price. I'm not sure what they'll do with him now but I agree that a lot of it depends on Stamkos

I think it also depends on Drouin's wishes. You don't want to keep a player that actively wants to get the hell out. If that feeling has changed then they should sign him, if not I wonder what his actual price is?  .... the trade speculation thread! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.