2016 Second round of playoffs thread

Wyldnwoody44

Then chants of "As*hole" are the only thing of interest in this game. I really hope someone scores in regulation so I don't have to watch this awful hockey anymore.

Right?  It is not a good game.

Good action this afternoon

A couple of years ago the Stars were dissapointed in Nichushkin, wonder if they still are. Too bad hes Russian, no way Murray even considers him. Too bad, kid looks like he could be nice.

Jaskin put in work for that goal

Good action this afternoon

A couple of years ago the Stars were dissapointed in Nichushkin, wonder if they still are. Too bad hes Russian, no way Murray even considers him. Too bad, kid looks like he could be nice.

Jaskin put in work for that goal

If that's really the way our GM thinks, we're screwed. (I don't think it is, despite the trading away of Zadorovorenko.)

Curious how that would look making EN goal games count as 1 goal. Would the stats change significantly?

Ya know, I went through and just figured the 2 goal differential games that had an empty netter would even out for each year. Maybe I was just lazy. I'm curious now, maybe tomorrow I'll go though and look at the 2 goal games and see what I come up with.

Games decided by one goal in the playoffs:

2013-14: 48%

2014-15: 54%

2015-16: 60%

Curious how that would look making EN goal games count as 1 goal. Would the stats change significantly?

I went through and counted all the 2 goal games, and weeded out how many of them had empty netters. This is the ratio of 2 goal games/ones that had an empty netter.

2013-14: 9/19

2014-15: 5/13

2015-16: 6/10

(I've updated the 2015-16 stats to be current as of now)

The totals for how I got the percentages of 1 goal games above are :

2013-14: 45/93=48.4%

2014-15: 48/89=53.9%

2015-16: 38/66=60.3%

Add in the empty netters: 

2013-14: 54/93=58.1%

2014-15: 53/89=59.6%

2015-16: 44/66=66.7%

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Looks like the Islanders are done.

Weird team. They had Washington down one game to nothing last year and had a two-goal lead in Game 2 and spit out the bit. They were poised to take a 2-1 lead against the Bolts this year but gave up a very late goal and spit out the bit. They seem to be wasting an elite talent like Tavares. Snow believes in things slowly percolating, I guess. They did win their first series in 23 years, but there's something missing there. They need a shakeup. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the new owners about to take over from Wang. Attendance was poor in Brooklyn, playing to only 86% of capacity, 27th in the league. The new owners (presumably) have the resources to make some kind of splash, not to mention about $20 million in cap space, but will they?

Edited by PASabreFan

Weird team. They had Washington down one game to nothing last year and had a two-goal lead in Game 2 and spit out the bit. They were poised to take a 2-1 lead against the Bolts this year but gave up a very late goal and spit out the bit. They seem to be wasting an elite talent like Tavares. Snow believes in things slowly percolating, I guess. They did win their first series in 23 years, but there's something missing there. They need a shakeup. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the new owners about to take over from Wang. Attendance was poor in Brooklyn, playing to only 86% of capacity, 27th in the league. The new owners (presumably) have the resources to make some kind of splash, not to mention about $20 million in cap space, but will they?

Stamkos?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.