2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

The refs decided that they've already called 7 too many penalties.

Not that it's even working. Both teams have been terrible on the pp, each going multiple times without a shot

Panarin is so quick, and his shot is just absurd. He's gonna be good for awhile

Edited by WildCard

Not that it's even working. Both teams have been terrible on the pp, each going multiple times without a shot

Panarin is so quick, and his shot is just absurd. He's gonna be good for awhile

It took me a long time (see: mostly the entire season) to come around, but Panarin helped Kane get over 100 as much as Kane helped Panarin get to nearly 80. What a tandem.

It took me a long time (see: mostly the entire season) to come around, but Panarin helped Kane get over 100 as much as Kane helped Panarin get to nearly 80. What a tandem.

That full-width cross ice one timer thing they can do, putting it shelf from 40 feet out, is ridiculous. They do it almost every game, too.

The lack of goal scoring in this last game was almost more exciting than more scoring and over-officiating in the other two. Almost like you knew it would come down to the team that actually won it as opposed to the other two where the refs tried to decide it.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

The Blues fans were like Roman gladiatorial spectators.  That was a good game; Chicago's defense is deceptively effective.  The may allow for too much zone time, but not a lot of shots are taken in the slot.  Whereas, the Blues' offense is quite sneaky and had some really quality chances in close.

I will be curious to see which team suffers under the so-called "Game of Attrition" tactic from the Blues.  They tried that last year and it didn't work out for them.  Elliott better stay on his game this series.

Catching up with last night's highlights.  The Rangers had exactly one chance to win this series: superior goaltending, so of course Lundqvist take a stick in the eye from his own player.  Kind of disappointing.  Eff the Penguins, if only slightly harder than the Rags.

Watched the highlight of Backes's ugly winner. What caught my attention: The Blues apparently use Blur's Song 2 (WOOHOO!) as their goal song?!

The hell is this - the 1999 Sabres?

Their powerplay music is really cheesy-old, too.  The whole game, I was wondering what time traveler was running the AV show at Scottrade.  

Whoever wins deserves to win

Whoever wins, wins.   Doesn't mean they're the better team, which is why it's a 7 game series and not single elimination or best of 3.    If the Hawks played like they did, and the Blue play like they did, Hawks may lose a battle or two, but they'll win the war.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.