GDT: Carolina @ Buffalo, 1:00 pm ET, 3/12/2016

Doohickie

I really wish I was confident in Foligno to keep playing like this, as I'd have no problem locking him up for 3-4 years...but man, the ghosts of his inconsistency haunt me.

I think Foligno is a victim of circumstances.  Bring him out of training camp with stable linemates and playing a stable system, and he can be a horse you can ride.  (Larsssson too.)

Compliments of 26CornerBlitz over at TwoBillsDrive

DemandingPeskyFrogmouth.gif

Even to try that move at 19 years old with one second left takes balls the size of the King of Bayonne.

Edited by Tondas

Even to try that move at 19 years old with one second left takes balls the size of the King of Bayonne.[/quote/]

Loving it. So nonchalant. During post game he mentioned he saw the clock w/ 4 seconds left and felt he had plenty of time. Are you kidding me?! Talk about confidence. Gotta love it!

Edited by GoPre

Compliments of 26CornerBlitz over at TwoBillsDrive

DemandingPeskyFrogmouth.gif

Even the Boston announcers (I just moved) were loving this move by Jack during the Bruins post game show. He's a hometown boy so the city follows and supports him from what I gather.

Missed the entire game (hockey tournament) but catching that OT goal is just making me silly.

There's no real way to describe it. He barely touched the puck to get it through there...I am sure once he saw Ward go down that he would have to open up a bit to move across the crease to take away the backhand further towards the post and he just dropped into the spot where that opening would be.

Unbelievable.. that's some vision.

I loved how after the goal the entire bench emptied and celebrated together - for quite a while. Even Lehner was a out there. After the group hug, they gathered at center ice and acknowledged the fans.

These guys constantly stick up for each other. Every perceived cheap shot is answered by a teammate.

This is such an easy team to cheer for. 

This was amazing. I was watching this with a friend at a bar and right as Kane got the puck we both yelled "Send him!" like it was a soccer game. You knew noone was going to catch him.

I wanna give Kane some major props for that pass. He bloops it down and it just stopped there. He mentioned in the post game that he practices those because they help with line changes; he said they were like a punt, you buy yourself 4 seconds or so if you do it right without icing the puck. It was a great pass.

I'm so freaking excited about this team.

Attended the game yesterday with a lifelong friend and fan. Talk about a magical turnaround. The Sabres barely surpassed 20 shots in a nearly unwatchable affair. Building was nearly dead...and for good reason. Then, Eichel. It was if someone had fired up a huge generator and brought the building to life. Felt (almost) like a playoff OT goal. I am not a youngster, but I was giddy like one, I will admit, after the beautiful goal.

Watching Jack play reminds me exactly of what my grandmother says watching Perreault play was like.

Dear Lord, that makes me feel old in a while new way.

Eichel's finish in OT was a pure delight.

Kane's play of late has surprised me. I'm reserving judgment on the guy, and maybe leaning toward embracing him anew.

p.s. In his post game interview, Kane called Eichel "Eichs", so you "Jacker" people can finally step off.

Makes me so happy.

I can't stop watching the video of Rick calling the game winner. I love that man. What a great idea it was to put a camera on him.

A bit of genius. A wonderful way to pay homage to a legend, who, IMO, can still call a perfectly fine game.

BTW, did anyone else see him check his Caro roster when passes were being made by the opponent? RJ doing work.

Bogo's wheels have never been his problem. His decision making, particularly under pressure, and passing ability, are what kill his value.

I think the team is finally starting to execute DD's system at speed.  Give Bogo an easy decision and he'll make the right one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.