GDT: Calgary @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 3-3-2016

WildCard

Yooooouuuuurrrrrr Buffalo Sabres will play host to the Calgary Flames tonight as they look to get back into the win column and forget a rather 'because Buffalo' moment last Tuesday night. Buffalo did get some good news today, as Jake McCabe was back at practice after a rough hit last night, and Coach HDDB raved about Eichel's bounce back performance at practice in the wake of McDavi'd triumph. Getting dick slapped so hard your cheek looks like a stencil can really depress a man; combine that with the rumor that McDavid winked at Eichel after scoring the gwg and waved his finger to remind Jack of his drat superiority, and it's pretty easy to rationale Eichel's 40 consecutive end-to-end sprints in practice today, each one culminating with him diving clavicle first into the irons. Bysmla would later lament on Eichel's insistence in carrying his body across the line in his efforts, instead of merely beginning his slide from the blue line and dumping himself in. Meanwhile Ted Nolan heard of the ambitious stunt, and remarked he is currently innovating an entirely new system, and ROR ran naked through the woods doing calculus in his head.

The Flames, well, these guys are literally the perfect answer to any teams woes. Like a slump-buster sent from above, the Flames will stumble into the FN'C with all of the allure of daddy issues mixed with her younger sister getting engaged. 1-8-1 in their last 10, the Flames have lost 3 straight, most recently in Boston last Tuesday, falling 2-1. The Flames are a confidence boosting 9-19-3 on the road, and sit 2 point behind Buffalo in the league standings (58 to 56). An excellent candidate to get FN'C'd tonight. And it works, ya know, because their logo is a big C. Hurray for jokes!

Buffalo last played Calgary in Calgary and suffered a 4-3 heartbreaking loss, one that saw Ristolainen's first hat trick (a natural one to boot) and a gallant comeback ruined by a Johnson softie. Hopefully Lehner starts tonight 

Game Preview 

STATS:
All Stats Buffalo @ Calgary(4-3 loss) 
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart 

Forwards:

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

49 Catenacci - 19 COR -  28 Zemgus Girgensons 

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 26 Matt Moulson/19 Cal O'Reilly

Buffalo:

Defense:
Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 3 Mark Pysyk

Someone faster than Franson – 46 Cody Franson

Captain Insano:

40 Robin Lehner

31 Chad Johnson

nhl-buffalo-sabres-calgary-flames-850x56

Edited by WildCard

I think that we get so carried away with personalities that we lose sight of the larger picture. Was the only reason to watch the last game to make it a Eichel vs McDavid? I can understand it being an interesting part of that game but should it be the whole event? I'm not criticizing people here. Just asking. I have followed this team since it came into the league and believe me I have experienced the frustration so many of us feel but at the end of the day I'm a Sabres fan of the team itself not individuals or coaches.

No hype for the battle of the SAMs?

Same hype that there was for Sam vs Draisaitl.

I do believe this will be the very first time that they have squared off at the FNC.  I am excited to see how the Sam's do against each other. Bennett is known for his speed and Reinhart for his brain.  Should be fun to watch.

What the forward lines should be:

Foligno - Eichel - Girgensons

Kane - Reinhart - Gionta

Deslauriers - Larsson - Moulson

Catenacci - Legwand - COR 

What the forward lines will be...

Larsson - Ristolainen - Legwand

Sabretooth - COR - Eichel

Reinhart - Lehner - Gionta

Moulson - Bylsma - Deslauriers

Eichel and Reinhart need to be sheltered because their fragile little minds couldn't handle being NHL centers... :wallbash:

Edited by LGR4GM

Eichel and Reinhart need to be sheltered because their fragile little minds couldn't handle being NHL centers... :wallbash:

:lol:

Moulson - Bylsma Gibby - Deslauriers

FTFY.

NFW Bylsma anchors the 4th line.

Im going to my first game today since 2011 (Rick Jeanerette's wall of fame induction) against the Winnipeg Jets. 

Alot has changed since then. 

I'm going to the game with my wife and a friend of mine. We are getting to Duff's Famous Wings at 4:00 - Something I've been wanting to try for a long time! After that we plan on getting to the arena around 5:30. With all of the new constructions and sites built around First Niagara, what should we go and see? 

My tickets are for center ice level 300 last row, is there a bad seat in the house or are they all good? First time in the 300's 

Vinz in net

I think that we get so carried away with personalities that we lose sight of the larger picture. Was the only reason to watch the last game to make it a Eichel vs McDavid? I can understand it being an interesting part of that game but should it be the whole event? I'm not criticizing people here. Just asking. I have followed this team since it came into the league and believe me I have experienced the frustration so many of us feel but at the end of the day I'm a Sabres fan of the team itself not individuals or coaches.

Yes because both teams suck and both teams are said to have completed their tanks.   If playoffs were a factor I would agree, not interested in the comparison much.  Nothing NBC can do now of course, but I bet if they knew the game would go down as it did they would have kept it.  

Im going to my first game today since 2011 (Rick Jeanerette's wall of fame induction) against the Winnipeg Jets. 

Alot has changed since then. 

I'm going to the game with my wife and a friend of mine. We are getting to Duff's Famous Wings at 4:00 - Something I've been wanting to try for a long time! After that we plan on getting to the arena around 5:30. With all of the new constructions and sites built around First Niagara, what should we go and see? 

My tickets are for center ice level 300 last row, is there a bad seat in the house or are they all good? First time in the 300's 

300s center ice are always where I shoot for. They're the best bang for your buck- good view without breaking the bank. I've sat in the back row a couple times and it's actually fun. You can stand all you want if that's your thing, and you can bang on the wall to make noise if you wish. The affordable version of banging on the glass! I was in the back row for Kane's fight hat trick, and I damn near broke through the wall :) You'll feel like you're really high up at first probably, but your eyes will adjust before puck drop.

I would definitely stop in 716 for a beer. It's worth seeing the cool atmosphere (giant TV, ice rink bar counters, TVs in the bathroom mirrors). Personally I like Pearl Street better for the food and house brews, but if you're already getting food at Duffs then I'd go to 716 because it's right there. If you've got time to go upstairs in Harborcenter to check out the Academy of Hockey, that's cool too. You can get right to the elevator to get there from the second floor at 716. It's cool to see where the Sabres practice sometimes, and you might catch a practice or game of some sort going on. Also, if you're not inside the arena before it gets dark, check out the light show across the river. You can see it from pretty much anywhere outside FNC/Harborcenter, but you can get close to the canal and see better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.