GDT: Calgary @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 3-3-2016

WildCard

I am so glad we finally have a guy who can finish with the goalie pulled.

Our inability to score empty netters has been frustrating me for years.

Jack, Sam and Evander with ridiculous totals for ice time - all around 23 minutes.

Has to be a season high for Sam.

All the PP time has to be part of that, but I think DD actually did a pretty good job last night with how he used his players.

Edited by dudacek

One of the most fun games of the year, and we hit ~10 pages.

I wonder whether this is a corollary to what the radio guys say: Phone lines are quieter after a win.

I turned it off early in 2nd, figures.

Agreed, useful third liner.

Jack's post game interview

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/jack-eichel-postgame-3316/t-277437090/c-42137903

Also... is Larry, Larson? Moose, Foligno? And D-Low, Deslauriers?

Yeah who is Larry?  Ha.

Thanks for posting the link.

What a call by Rick on the Foligno goal. "Marcus Foligno with his loudest goal of the year, off the pipe!" Give this guy a good team and a great game and he's still scary good. I just don't think he can manufacture excitement like he once did.

What a call by Rick on the Foligno goal. "Marcus Foligno with his loudest goal of the year, off the pipe!" Give this guy a good team and a great game and he's still scary good. I just don't think he can manufacture excitement like he once did.

he's sounded fresh and fun following his return.

Lets face the facts ... this team is not as exciting (generally) as past Sabres teams.  That's not on RJ to manufacture excitement, but I do get your point ... we have had dud teams in the past a RJ made them sound like champs.  One of my all time calls was when Andre Savard scored in OT against Quebec.

Lol, Jeremy White is officially mad about Eichel playing on the right side of PP. He's starting another "crusade," as he calls it. So I guess when Eichel eventually ends up in the "Ovi" spot in a few weeks, he can take all the credit. Just like he was the poster boy of the tank even though people on this board were literally years ahead of him lol

He was taking credit at 6:02 this morning.

I also laugh at Jeremy White. I made a bet with a friend just prior to the 2013-14 season that the Sabres would end up with one of McEichel. 13-14 was the Reinhart year.

The bet was that he would buy me a McEichel jersey if they did and I would buy him any other player on the roster if they didn't... There's so many people who were on board with the tank and calling for it well before it became mainstream in MSM.

For the record, he hasn't owned up to his side of the bet yet but he's well aware.

I also laugh at Jeremy White. I made a bet with a friend just prior to the 2013-14 season that the Sabres would end up with one of McEichel. 13-14 was the Reinhart year.

The bet was that he would buy me a McEichel jersey if they did and I would buy him any other player on the roster if they didn't... There's so many people who were on board with the tank and calling for it well before it became mainstream in MSM.

For the record, he hasn't owned up to his side of the bet yet but he's well aware.

Didn't you get a jersey for the TW contest as well?  Two new ones and no cost to you?  Not too shabby at all....

Didn't you get a jersey for the TW contest as well? Two new ones and no cost to you? Not too shabby at all....

It appears so. I'm not holding a knife to either to come through, though. It's mostly in fun so if either has a reason they can't I'm not going to hold against either.

Especially since I got two great seats to a great game from TW. The only signed Sabres memorabilia I've ever owned was a signed Pominville puck that the team sent me after my house burnt down.

As somebody who has never had money and doesn't come from money I have to rely on Chinese websites or garage sales if I want jerseys or other items, so it's definitely exciting.

Edited by Hoss

Great showing.  I wished this team could show up every night (well, except for giving up a goal 16 seconds after Foligno's terrific short-handed score!)

This team would have a better chance of showing up every night if teams like Calgary could show up every night as well.

GO SABRES!!!

This team would have a better chance of showing up every night if teams like Calgary could show up every night as well.

GO SABRES!!!

LOL - very true.   But they looked like crap against Edmonton which was another sewer team

It's been the Buffalo Battle of The Bottom Feeders this week.  

What a fun game. Reinhart played very well. I felt bad for him a couple times when he was drifting wide open in space and Kane was jamming the puck into the goalie's pads from beneath the goal line.

Jack played awesome. That shot was a thing of beauty. That power play started with Jack trying to blast the high shots into the net and then finally settling in and effortlessly drifting backwards and wristing the puck by Samson and into the net.

Larsson, Foligno, and Gionta all played great. It's awesome to see Larsson's offense return. He learned a lot this year and I think is finally rounding out his game.

I still think Foligno's a 4th liner who has flashes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.