World Cup 2016

MODO Hockey

What a sh1tty game, christ. Henrik did a blunder there pushing behind goal to stop the puck, bad communication with the defender. 

But hey, who gives about this tourney anyway, not like it is of any importance. As i said in the first post, this is a pre NHL tourney, calling it "World Cup" is litterly insane. 

What a sh1tty game, christ. Henrik did a blunder there pushing behind goal to stop the puck, bad communication with the defender. 

But hey, who gives about this tourney anyway, not like it is of any importance. As i said in the first post, this is a pre NHL tourney, calling it "World Cup" is litterly insane. 

I have to disagree somewhat. Team NA brought a lot of energy and I kind of like that there was a team Europe as it countered team NA to certain extent. This tourney put a spotlight on hockey. Hockey that really isn't played in the NHL much..

I get the personal feelings about this particular game being a sh1tty game. It's always nice to win one. Right Team USA????

I have to disagree somewhat. Team NA brought a lot of energy and I kind of like that there was a team Europe as it countered team NA to certain extent. This tourney put a spotlight on hockey. Hockey that really isn't played in the NHL much..

I get the personal feelings about this particular game being a sh1tty game. It's always nice to win one. Right Team USA????

Point taken, and there was great fun to watch the games but calling it World Cup is just wrong in my opinion. Now, we have a team in the finals with no national anthem, no fans, no identity. 

That is what makes this tourney pathetic in my opinion.

Edited by MODO Hockey

Wow, I didn't even pay attention to the game yesterday as I just assumed Sweden was going to win.  No way Canada loses to Team Europe.  Atleast we will get ROR back after Thursday because there's no way this thing goes the distance.  This just seems like a really anti-climatic final.

Wow, I didn't even pay attention to the game yesterday as I just assumed Sweden was going to win.  No way Canada loses to Team Europe.  Atleast we will get ROR back after Thursday because there's no way this thing goes the distance.  This just seems like a really anti-climatic final.

Even with long-time Buffalo Sabre Jaro Halak in net?

I think that Canada just has so much depth and talent they will beat Team Europe. With ROR's shutdown skills, I think Team Europe will need to try and get their best line away from him and that won't happen much.

Also, how in the hell did PK Subban not make team Canada?

Because Jay Boumeester took the open spot...or something

Another great game last night with Team Europe making it interesting though I'm not sure the outcome was ever in doubt. The best hockey being played on the planet right now and its crickets in this thread which is funny as hell. I thought there were hockey fans on this site. If Canada wins it'll be nice that ROR will have a world cup trophy for all his hard work leading up to that moment. So happy he's repping the Sabres .

Another great game last night with Team Europe making it interesting though I'm not sure the outcome was ever in doubt. The best hockey being played on the planet right now and its crickets in this thread which is funny as hell. I thought there were hockey fans on this site. If Canada wins it'll be nice that ROR will have a world cup trophy for all his hard work leading up to that moment. So happy he's repping the Sabres .

Well, we were busy watching the team that is the focus of this forum.

I guess I didn't realize that. I see no reason why Canada can't end this in 2. They are a deeper team with more talent. ROR was a great addition. I just want our #1 center back without injury. 

I could see this going to game three. 3-1 is hardly a blowout and Team Europe carried a lot of the play.That Price, though, he's good,... as is Canada's D.

Wow,

PS E sports app requires cable provider, only have high speed internet no espn, cut the cord. Foget abt it... crickets unite!

true. Almost any time you hear "stream to your device" from a big media company, it means you're going to need a cable account. It's a bit maddening for stuff that's on broadcast TV though; that should be free! :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.